Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this document please

Hi

Can anyone tell me what this document is please for Ann Fazan. The Louis Fazan mentioned is a distant grandfather, so im wondering who Ann Fazan is and what his role is in this. In 1806 he is a Kings Messenger working for the East India Company

In 1802 and 1804 she is in debtors prison by the look of it. I dont know who Ann is, but given the unusual surname i am assuming she is either a blood or marriage relative

Thank you!
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

The full title of the dataset containing this document is;
    London, England, King's Bench and Fleet Prison Discharge Books and Prisoner Lists, 1734-1862
    The piece is;
    Piece Description: Piece 052: Fleet Prison: Entry Books for Discharges (1793-1805)

ats
    means at the suit of and By Wrt of Plts Atty means By Warrant of Plaintiff’s Attorney.

I looks to me like these three persons had somehow paid or guaranteed her debts to secure her release.

Comment

ah ok thank you, i thought ats meant attorneys!
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Working...
      X