Help - What is this name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
    So, when I was meandering thru Ancestry, I saw a likely index for Chester going to the Spanish American War. I'ts only an index, you'd have to find the actual record elsewhere, if it even exists. Would you like to post a new thread about him?

So glad that link worked out, even if it didn't have all the info you wanted
    I've seen that index before and linked it to our tree. It could be him, but a local Colorado paper listed every person who officially signed up for the Colorado 1st Infantry, and he isn't listed among them. When my dad and I visited Colorado a few years ago, we searched for the actual record, but couldn't find it.

I could create a new thread about Chester Jr., but I'd feel a little selfish. There's already been more help than I ever imagined.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Muir View Post
      Hi, this would appear to be Henry's place of Burial as recorded on Find A Grave. The notes on the record state that both this cemetery,
      and the Masonic cemetery have no record of him. However the 2nd newspaper clip is quite clear that the burial took place at 2 pm
      26 Dec 1905. This is the Link..
      https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...henry-r-harris
      Thank you. Yeah, it's too bad the cemetery doesn't have any record of him. His death record also states he was buried at Mountain View Cemetery. I've at points wondered what the funeral notice means by "his remains were held here until his wife arrived from Oregon..." Did she take his body with her to be buried/re-buried in another place? Their only connection to Oregon was through Harry's brother Horace, and they had much stronger ties to San Francisco and cities in Colorado. I can't find any burial info for him in those place either though, so the most likely scenario is his remains are in Reno.

Comment

Working...
      X