No announcement yet.

Find My Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't see a way to toggle the filmstrip at bottom. But apart from that I like that fact that I can now navigate around the books of records, I assume all records sets are the same, not looked at any others
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I am finding it really annoying and would like to switch it off. I find I can only see a limited part of a Parish Register and have to scroll up and down more to see the entry I want. Glad I looked on here to see if other people had found this too. If I click on More options I can make the screen bigger but then it continues to get bigger even when the mouse is on another part of the screen. I am using Firefox. For me this is a serious backward step, especially if there is no option to toggle the strip off.

Has anyone contacted FMP about this?

Pat

Comment

Toggle button at the top seems to have disappeared

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

...and I note that everytime you move a page, then the toggle is switched back on.....

I don't have a sub with them, still using the library, so won't raise a comment to them.
          Last edited by cbcarolyn; 17-02-21, 11:46.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Didn’t have that last night. It was hustbas easy to use the arrows right and left for scrolling through the pages, same as with parish registers etc. No doubt I’ll have this later today when I get home. Thank goodness you can turn it off, it takes up too much room on the screen.
            Which is the default? on or off?

Comment

It's nice that you can print the onscreen image off straight away, although haven't tried doing this.

Still lost my toggle option!
              Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Still nothing new - not only cache cleared but am using a brand new computer. Now I shall go way and eat my lunch and sulk.
                Caroline
                Caroline's Family History Pages
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Just kicked in for me. The film strip across the bottom is very annoying particularly when viewing on laptop. Probably not so bad on a larger screen.
                  Elaine

Comment

Lovely to see you Elaine. Hope you are well.

Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Elaine ..Spain Hola! stranger. Lovely to see you.

Comment

Thanks both, I do pop in from time to time and have a read - although haven't posted for some time!!
                        Elaine

Comment

Finally got it - at first look, I quite like it. I am using it on a 13" laptop and the film strip covers the bottom line of a census returns but I can move it up if needs be or use the scroll wheel to enlarge it which i had to do before anyway..

I do like the linked transcript instead of having to go in and out as before.
                          Caroline
                          Caroline's Family History Pages
                          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I have it now on my iPad using Safari. Looks ok but the first 3 icons at the bottom of the page don’t seem to do anything other than open an option to copy or share and they all have a blank square above that which never fills with anything. These are the circular arrowheads with dotted tails (one pointing left, the other right) and the square with the dot in the middle.
                            Any idea what these three gizmos should be doing?
                            The contrast adjustment gizmo works fine as do the zoom in and out + and - gizmos plus everything up the top of the image.

Comment

rotate left and rotate right and back to centre I think. They are at top on chrome browser. If you hover over they tell you.
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                                rotate left and rotate right and back to centre I think. They are at top on chrome browser. If you hover over they tell you.
                                Thanks. Will try on the pc in the morning. Maybe needs a wee tweak by FMP on iPhone OS and IPad OS?

Comment

The inability to minimise the film strip is driving me nuts! You'd have thought FmP would have learned their lesson from the disaster of several years ago when they made changes without testing them properly

Comment

I'm now on the laptop Windows 10 with Edge Chrome. I cannot turn off the strip at the bottom. It really gets in the way. Not happy.

Comment

That's what a lot of people are saying, it does obscure a lot of screen. Useful to have but not all the time, please.
                                      Anne

Comment

Looks very much similar to familysearch and the department archives throughout france. But they all allow you to minimise all the extra bits so you can focus on the images...

Comment

I see that you can now close the images along the bottom
                                          Carolyn
                                          Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                          X