Find My Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find My Past

Anybody notice the way that their images, Census for example, have changed this week? The navigation has also changed, will take some getting used to
    My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Originally posted by Paulc View Post
    Anybody notice the way that their images, Census for example, have changed this week? The navigation has also changed, will take some getting used to
    Unless they have only done some since yesterday, I'm seeing no recent changes since the most recent one - not the big one in 2014 that caused me to get trolled because I liked it.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Not noticed anything and I use it every day.
      Anne

Comment

can you finally navigate around the book now? will go and look in a while
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I was using the 1939 Register yesterday and had a big box with the record details in following my cursor around which I found really annoying and intrusive as I couldn't see the image that I wanted.
          Margaret

Comment

Yes!! I'm finding it a case of over information. I can see it being a useful facility IF you're using a new resource and want to search through a complete register etc, but I'm finding it a pain when I'm just wanting to download a specific image as evidence for an individual profile. Perhaps it has an on/off button for the new facility, which I haven't found yet.

So pleased you posted this Paul as I thought I'd inadvertently clicked on something and have been trying to find out how to rectify the screen!!
            Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
              I was using the 1939 Register yesterday and had a big box with the record details in following my cursor around which I found really annoying and intrusive as I couldn't see the image that I wanted.
              I tried to reproduce that but couldn't - I'm using Chrome if that helps.
              Caroline
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post

I tried to reproduce that but couldn't - I'm using Chrome if that helps.
                I've tried again this morning and it only works if you click on the results first then go into preview then from there view image and click on the page, I see that I also have all the pages along the bottom. I'm using Chrome too.

Have I made sense there, I am hopeless at trying to describe things.
                Margaret

Comment

I'm finding the black and white very stark and the spread of mini images at the bottom very distracting - keep thinking I've pulled up a piano keyboard!
                  Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

I've only been using FMP to look at newspapers which are unaffected, so hadn't noticed. Now I've looked at the 1939 I can see the changes, will have to get to grips with that. Just noticed they've mistranscribed my mother's address and have number 2 instead of 7 but I expect I'd have to jump through too many hoops to get it changed.

Comment

Can’t say I noticed and was on it last night. Can somebody please screenshot what they are seeing and highlight the bits that didn’t used to be there?

Comment

Still none the wiser - I've cleared my cache so maybe I'm yet to get an update.
                        Caroline

Comment

here you go at screen shot in chrome on a macbook

there is a toggle button to take off the pop up transcripts 2 squares on top of each other

Screenshot 2021-02-17 at 10.26.47.png
                          Last edited by cbcarolyn; 17-02-21, 10:29.
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

there is a toggle button to take off the pop up transcripts 2 squares on top of each other

Thanks -I clearly don't have the update yet, but I like the look of what you've posted.
                            Caroline

Comment

Oh ***** I've got it now. I can see it might be helpful but it obscures so much of what you are looking at. there's lots of options about print, download, change contrast etc. I would like to see the option to turn it off.

Humph .... now they are 'down for maintenance'!!!!

Anne

Comment

Ah, I didn't see that before it all disappeared!
                                Anne

Comment

That's similar to the filmstrip thing that ancestry have. [which you can toggle on/off]
                                  Julie
                                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                                    Oh ***** I've got it now. I can see it might be helpful but it obscures so much of what you are looking at. there's lots of options about print, download, change contrast etc. I would like to see the option to turn it off.

Humph .... now they are 'down for maintenance'!!!!

Anne
                                    Presumably I'll be in business with the new viewer when they come back.
                                    Caroline

Comment

I noticed it yesterday, not looked anything up today.
                                      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Thank you Carolyn. Hadn't spotted that - will be nice to have the option.
                                        I can think of times when it will be useful to have a quick method of transferring to another page (rather than having to do it manually with continuous clicks on the arrow) but if you just want to view one page, then it obscures/diminishes the onscreen image. Does it speed up/simplify the process of downloading an image?
                                        Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Working...
                                        X