Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Isabella Dyer come from?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Where does Isabella Dyer come from?

    Good Evening,

    I'm trying to find where Isabella comes from and I'm having trouble apart from knowing that she is from Charmouth/Axminster (according to census returns). Are Devon records not readily available as I've tried using Ancestry and FMP and having no luck (unless I'm being blind)!

    This is her on the 1841 https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...15&usePUB=true
    and married on the 1851 https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...15&usePUB=true

    I can't find her baptism or father's name on a marriage record - can anyone spot something I may of missed otherwise I'll be buying the marriage cert. for clues

    Thank you

    Tessie

    #2
    This may be her baptism from 1822. But you really need the marriage certificate to see if the father's name is the same.
    https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcr...F501095857%2F1
    Phil
    historyhouse.co.uk
    Essex - family and local history.

    Comment


      #3
      Not finding anything either even leaving out first name born 1823 +\-5years and county only.
      However, I did spot that Charmouth is in west Dorset not in Devon and there are loads of records from Dorset for the family surname DARE rather than DYER. Could her marriage have been a misspelling?

      Cracked up laughing at ancestry’s transcription of where she cane from!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by keldon View Post
        This may be her baptism from 1822. But you really need the marriage certificate to see if the father's name is the same.
        https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcr...F501095857%2F1
        Looks a good ‘un. Well spotted keldon

        Comment


          #5
          Did she marry in Berkshire by any chance?
          Isabella
          Dyer
          full age
          -
          Spinster
          Servant
          Chain St
          1847
          18 Sep 1847
          St Mary (The Minster)
          Reading
          Berkshire
          England
          John
          Gibbins
          full age
          Bachelor
          Dealer
          Chain St
          Henry
          Dyer
          Edward
          GIBBINS
          Coachman
          [by Banns]
          William SERMON; Mary Ann PAYNE
          Berkshire Marriages Index
          Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
          Parish Marriages

          Comment


            #6
            This and the baptism keldon found look good possibilties given that the two children to John and Isabella on 1851 census are Edward John and Henry. The image is different to the transcript for the elder boy. One for each grampa most likely.

            UPDATEkeldon oops! No idea why I wrote kylejustin instead of you. Have fixed it, sorry

            Comment


              #7
              John marries again as a widower to Eliza a widow. Image is on ancestry.
              John Gibbons
              Male
              Full Age
              20 Dec 1877
              Kidmore End, Oxfordshire, England
              Kidmore End
              SpouseEliza Ballond
              Father Edward Gibbins

              Comment


                #8
                Isabella’s burial, image is on ancestry
                Isabella Gibbins
                48
                abt 1825
                6 Jul 1873
                Kidmore End, Oxfordshire, England
                Kidmore

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by keldon View Post
                  This may be her baptism from 1822. But you really need the marriage certificate to see if the father's name is the same.
                  https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcr...F501095857%2F1
                  Thanks Keldon, I'll take a look!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                    Not finding anything either even leaving out first name born 1823 +\-5years and county only.
                    However, I did spot that Charmouth is in west Dorset not in Devon and there are loads of records from Dorset for the family surname DARE rather than DYER. Could her marriage have been a misspelling?

                    Cracked up laughing at ancestry’s transcription of where she cane from!
                    Yes had to laugh at Iran haha!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                      Did she marry in Berkshire by any chance?
                      Isabella
                      Dyer
                      full age
                      -
                      Spinster
                      Servant
                      Chain St
                      1847
                      18 Sep 1847
                      St Mary (The Minster)
                      Reading
                      Berkshire
                      England
                      John
                      Gibbins
                      full age
                      Bachelor
                      Dealer
                      Chain St
                      Henry
                      Dyer
                      Edward
                      GIBBINS
                      Coachman
                      [by Banns]
                      William SERMON; Mary Ann PAYNE
                      Berkshire Marriages Index
                      Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
                      Parish Marriages
                      Thanks Gallowaylass!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X