Occasional copy: C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
    Thank you Antony. I have mailed the image to you and would be grateful for any suggestions you feel able to offer.
    I'm sure you're right and that I need to get a copy of the re-registration to see how and what information differs from on the original entry - I hope it's not simply a spelling correction!
    It will be into March before the PDF of the March 1908 document becomes available for download.
    I have looked at the entry you sent and there is nothing at all that appears to be a reason for a re-registration (other than the marginal note saying one was done).

A spelling error and almost all other errors can be dealt with by a correction, and wouldn't need a re-registration so it is a mystery at the moment. if I had to speculate, it will most likely be connected with the informant, but just have to see what the 1908 entry reveals.
    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thanks Antony
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Working...
      X