Mary Jermany c.1740 -Norfolk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Jermany c.1740 -Norfolk

Mary Jermany according to my old notes married Thomas Olley my 4x Maternal Gt Grandfather at Banningham Norfolk c.1771

I have rather a mix up of dates for children of these 2.There are James & Sarah (twins) bapt.1,6,1773,Ann Mary 1774,John 1785 & a burial of Isabella 12.12.94
    On F.H when I tried to find a birth for Mary Jermany it came up with a bapt of a William Jermany 1797 but mother was Mary Edwards Jermany & Thomas Olley father.
    That has completely thrown me because of the big difference in the dates of children they had.
    I still haven't got confirmation of the marriage as it is from rough notes with a church named St Botolphs,Banningham.
    James & Sarah have the same names as Thomas Olleys parents who I have as James Olley & Sarah Newton Olley. Thomas Olley was bapt.in Banningham 8.7.1742.

Any help you can give me is appreciated.
    ​Bettyespana

Betty

have you tried Freereg..they seem to have a selection of Olley's

Search your ancestry with FreeREG. FreeREG provides free online access to transcriptions of birth, marriage and burial records from Church of England and Church of Scotland registers. You can also use FreeREG to discover: non-Conformist records from England, Scotland and Wales, Municipal Cemetary records, Memorial records and documents relating to life events out of country, at sea and in the military.
    DGJay

Comment

Here's the marriage from 1771 as a starting point.
      Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Phil
      historyhouse.co.uk
      Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Originally posted by DgJay View Post
        Betty

have you tried Freereg..they seem to have a selection of Olley's

https://www.freereg.org.uk/search_qu...114e?locale=en
        That is great DgJay,At least it confirms the marriage of Thomas Olley & Mary Jermany & gives me a date.Plus I have baptism dates of the first 3 children.
        I will see if I can find the other children although I somehow feel that maybe Isabella & William may be somewhere else within this family considering the later dates that
        I quoted in my message.

bettyespana
        ​Bettyespana

Comment

Originally posted by keldon View Post
          Here's the marriage from 1771 as a starting point.
          Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
          Thank you for this Phil, Looking at the old records it shows how far we have come with much needed details in our searches.

​Bettyespana

Comment

The ones on Freereg are the only ones I have found.

Struggling for deaths or burials but there is one for Thomas and some for Mary Ann!! Olley in Suffield and that is the next village to Branningham.
            Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
              The ones on Freereg are the only ones I have found.

Struggling for deaths or burials but there is one for Thomas and some for Mary Ann!! Olley in Suffield and that is the next village to Branningham.
              Could be them! The Olleys are quite prolific in Norfolk & tended to repeat their names in the families.The second daughter was Ann Mary,similar to the twins they had called James & Sarah after Thomas' parents.Finding the correct ones is quite a job.Thank you though,they will be ones I will pencil in for now.In later years the Olleys moved to Holt and Hunworth.
              ​Bettyespana

Comment

[QUOTE=bettyespana;n1315703]

Could be them! The Olleys are quite prolific in Norfolk & tended to repeat their names in the families.The second daughter was Ann Mary,similar to the twins they had called James & Sarah after Thomas' parents.Finding the correct ones is quite a job.Thank you though,they will be ones I will pencil in for now.In later years the Olleys moved to Holt and Hunworth.[/QUOTE

John Olley the2nd son of Thomas Olley & Mary Jermany was born Suffield & baptised at St Margarets Suffield 19th June 1785.
                This is my 3x Gt Grandfather who married Ann Butler 25th March 1811 in Blickling.(St Andrews)
                So the Thomas you found in Suffield is possibly Johns father.

​Bettyespana

Comment

Sometimes its so hard to decide. I have a lot of family from Norfolk and sit with the map out quite often looking at all the villages mentioned.

Would be better if they said how old the person was they were burying.
                  Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
                    Sometimes its so hard to decide. I have a lot of family from Norfolk and sit with the map out quite often looking at all the villages mentioned.

Would be better if they said how old the person was they were burying.
                    Yes I agree with you there.They certainly didn't make it easy at all.

​Bettyespana

Comment

The title of your thread is 'Mary Jermany, c.1740 Norfolk' - how about this baptism:

Mary Germany bp.7/1/1741 East Barsham, dau. of Philip and Ann.

I appreciate that East Barsham and Banningham are 27 miles apart BUT Mary could have had various jobs in various places before ending up in Banningham as would have been 30 when married. No Jermany's in Banningham or Suffield and no further trace of Mary Germany in East Barsham.

I find children for Thomas Olley and Mary Jermany as:

Sarah ) bp.1/6/1772
                      James ) bp. ditto at Banningham
                      Ann Mary bp.4/4/1774 Banningham
                      Amy bp.24/3/1776 Suffield
                      John bp.5/4/1778 Suffield, buried 29/11/1780 Suffield
                      Ann bp.3/3/1782 Suffield
                      John bp.19/6/1785 Suffield

Annette

Comment

Originally posted by annette.humphreys View Post
                        The title of your thread is 'Mary Jermany, c.1740 Norfolk' - how about this baptism:

Mary Germany bp.7/1/1741 East Barsham, dau. of Philip and Ann.

I appreciate that East Barsham and Banningham are 27 miles apart BUT Mary could have had various jobs in various places before ending up in Banningham as would have been 30 when married. No Jermany's in Banningham or Suffield and no further trace of Mary Germany in East Barsham.

I find children for Thomas Olley and Mary Jermany as:

Sarah ) bp.1/6/1772
                        James ) bp. ditto at Banningham
                        Ann Mary bp.4/4/1774 Banningham
                        Amy bp.24/3/1776 Suffield
                        John bp.5/4/1778 Suffield, buried 29/11/1780 Suffield
                        Ann bp.3/3/1782 Suffield
                        John bp.19/6/1785 Suffield

Annette
                        Thank you Annette for this info.

I have Sarah & James,,Ann Mary & John but hadn't got Amy.I do however have Isabella buried 12th Dec 1794
                        ​Bettyespana

Comment

Working...
                        X