Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Died in Bath Hospital, lived in Trowbridge......burial unknown.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Died in Bath Hospital, lived in Trowbridge......burial unknown.

Just after some ides to locate the burial/cremation details of Eric Reeve Beechey who died in 1954.

I have the probate index; died at Bath Hospital but resident of Trowbridge, no family names mentioned.
    I've tried BNA & FMP with no results, nothing on deceased online and google search brings up some generic stuff for the family (eg the peerage.com), but most of it based on a very old ged file which I've found to be a bit questionable.

He was married and there's a 1970's probate that might be for his widow (residence being a hospital in Trowbridge) but I can't be sure it is the same family or if the marriage lasted.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Perhaps he was buried in the same cemetery as his son if this report does refer to him.

N.C.O.s of the Home Guard were bearers the funeral at Bridgwater on Friday of Mr. Eric Thomas Beechey, only son of Mr. and Mrs. E. R. Beechey. Trowbridge, former well-known local residents, who died on the previous Monday.
    Mr. Beechey. who was 27. was educated at St. John's School. Bridgwater. and Sexey's School. Bruton. He became articled to the late Mr. H. M. B. Ker and completed his articles with Messrs. Butterworth. Jones. & Co., Castle-street, subsequently, becoming engaged on the staff of the Somerset Rivers' Catchment Board, West Quay. Mr. Beechey was an associate of the Society of Auditors and Accountants, and obtained his degree of Bachelor of Commerce He had acted as treasurer of the Adult School, and was a popular and keen member the Home Guard.
    Service in St. Mary's Church preceded the interment the Quantock-road Cemetery. The Vicar. Preb. E. H. Hughes-Davies. officiated. was draped with a Union Jack. "Abide with me" was sung, Mr. W Rains being at the organ.
    The mourners were Mr and Mrs Beechey (father and mother). Mrs. Joan Mandeville (sister). Mr. Chris Dunn, and Mr. and Mrs. Harold Scholfleld. Among those present were officers the Home Guard and officials of the Catchment Board The arrangements were by Messrs J. E. Gilbert St. John-street.
    07 February 1942 - Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
    Phil
    historyhouse.co.uk
    Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Not sure if you have seen the 1939 Register.
      RG101/7023A/007/44 Letter Code: WOAO

His wife is named as Mary born 11 Feb 1891.

Possible death cert.
      Name: Mary Beechey
      Death Age: 86
      Birth Date: 11 Feb 1891
      Registration Date: Apr 1977
      Registration Quarter: Apr-May-Jun
      Registration District: Trowbridge
      Inferred County: Wiltshire
      Volume: 23
      Page: 2405

Ancestry have a suggested record link to this entry on Deceased Online.

Phil
      historyhouse.co.uk
      Essex - family and local history.

Comment

I assume you saw the notice about probate in paper? I think I would be inclined to get the will for £1.50 should give you a clue about wife?
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Ooh, that rules in the marriage of a sister I had been looking at anyway. Probate register I had been looking at is shown below, date of death ties in with the cremation details on deceased online (which for some reason I could never find when searching)

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

BNA wasn't playing when I went looking for details of Eric Thomas Beechey but suddenly there's articles falling out the woodwork for the family at Taunton. If nothing else at least I've started to get an idea of when they were in that area and what they were up to. It's filling a gap I knew nothing about.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Working...
            X