Hartley family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartley family

I am stuck on Edgar Hartley, I have his birth cert, 20th Jan 1916 in Hunslet, Leeds but can`t find anything else about him going forward. It may be him still crossed out with his parents and brother Jack on the 1939 register and I believe that Jack was killed in WW2 in the USA in the RAF. Am I missing something ? Thanks

who are his parents? and their occupation?
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 03-02-21, 13:32.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I've been looking and think his parents are William and Edith Rogers. They are on 1939 register with Jack, their son and one blanked off.

Not getting very far. There are a couple of wills 1998 and one mentions Leeds but not sure which death belongs to it, Not getting very far yet.
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

William Hartley 1889 and Edith Rogers 1891. William was a miner and they lived in Woodlesford, Leeds

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
          I've been looking and think his parents are William and Edith Rogers. They are on 1939 register with Jack, their son and one blanked off.

Not getting very far. There are a couple of wills 1998 and one mentions Leeds but not sure which death belongs to it, Not getting very far yet.
          Yes, that`s correct, thanks

Comment

Just had a breakthrough from a local site about his Jack`s brother Edgar. It says in a paper cutting that Edgar was a Corporal in the KOYLI, whatever that is ? More research I guess.

Comment

Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry

Comment

There is not much on FMP or Ancestry for WW2 soldiers unless they died.

Not sure where to go. If he is not shown on 1939 means he was still alive in 1991, in principle but i'm not sure who he is.
                Lin

Comment

Not sure if this will help but om FMP have found the newspaper reports on Jacks death but can't get it as don't have the proper subs. 18 Nov 1941 in Yorkshire Evening Post. If anyone could access it.

This might be the one you have already found though. Might have a bit of info on the family.
                  Lin

Comment

There is not much on FMP or Ancestry for WW2 soldiers unless they died.

Not sure where to go. If he is not shown on 1939 means he was still alive in 1991, in principle but i'm not sure who he is.
                    Not neccessarily as my Dad died in 1975 and is not on the 1939 register and my Mum who is still alive is !
                    The other person on the 1939 register could be, more likely Edgar or possibly their younger brother Harold who was born in 1931.

Comment

Not sure if this will help but om FMP have found the newspaper reports on Jacks death but can't get it as don't have the proper subs. 18 Nov 1941 in Yorkshire Evening Post. If anyone could access it.

This might be the one you have already found though. Might have a bit of info on the family.
                      Thanks. I don`t have a sub to FMP either.

Comment

Just looked on BNA, from what I could see it looks similar.

Comment

I think it was probably Harold on 1939 as he was below Jack so could probably be younger.
                          Lin

Comment

I think it was probably Harold on 1939 as he was below Jack so could probably be younger.
                            True, and as Edgar was in the forces, he had probably left home already.

Comment

Jack's CWGC record:

Comment

Originally posted by highland ranger View Post
                                Got that thanks. Just needed to verify the family, which I have now. Just got to find Edgar. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LynSpain View Post
                                  Just looked on BNA, from what I could see it looks similar.
                                  the newspapers are the same, so you should see the same one there.
                                  Carolyn
                                  Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Is this the correct death? you just want to find him in between?

Yes, that`s correct, thanks
                                    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 03-02-21, 18:21.
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Comment

I think it was Harold due to age
                                      Lin

Comment

I think it was Harold due to age
                                        sorry I had missed that earlier the thread.
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                        X