What’s happening at FMP today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s happening at FMP today???

Having terrible trouble with FMP site just now. It’s taking ages to get into a search page and then when you finally get all the info in (the page keeps refreshing and taking out what I have just put in) and get the results, each item in the list brings up the big blue 500 error “Whoops! Something went wrong on our end. You can go back to the previous page and try again. If the problem persists you can come back a little later.”

Getting quite annoyed now as have been trying for ten minutes on my laptop, Windows 10 and Edge Chromium. Have also tried Safari on my iPad which is getting to the results stage far quicker but still the blue 500 error.

Anybody else getting the same thing?

Hi,
    Just tried a birth search on FMP - very quick and no problems.
    Sorry, not much help but hopefully yours is fine now.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Both FMP and Ancestry are getting very, very slow and 'page not available'. Then suddenly the speed gets back to reasonable as if either someone noticed or else they are sharing the band width out. I do so wish they would put some effort into getting more servers before adding any more records. I would happily trade faster service for no new records for a month or two.

Anne

Comment

It’s back to normal for me now thanks

Comment

It was the same at the weekend, the usual "sorry, it's fixed now" rubbish on their fb page. If I could pay the sub with their apologies I would have a freebie for life.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
          My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
          My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

I was getting a "500 error at our end" message last night.

Comment

I get the error page a lot, very annoying.

Comment

My renewal is coming up in a fortnight, I've cancelled and gone through the errors/crashes and lack of support again as the reason so they've offered me a loyalty discount of 15%.........so last year £93, this year £135.99 with the "discount". I don't really see a price hike of £42 after discount justified in any way shape or form and I doubt they are going to drop thousands of new records for Lincolnshire the day after I renew.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Sit tight Glen and they will keep sending you discount offers. The longer you hold out rhe better they get. Don’t bite till discount gets to c.45%.

Comment

Considering they aren't really adding much of value, that seems like a massive price hike. They probably need the money to pay ir renew contracts. I feel like if they stuck to adding remaining counties they would get more subscribers. But they want to compete with ancestry, so adding all the american records.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                      Sit tight Glen and they will keep sending you discount offers. The longer you hold out the better they get. Don’t bite till discount gets to c.45%.
                      I got to 30% and then not another word out of them. Still using it via the library for now.
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                        Considering they aren't really adding much of value, that seems like a massive price hike. They probably need the money to pay ir renew contracts. I feel like if they stuck to adding remaining counties they would get more subscribers. But they want to compete with ancestry, so adding all the american records.
                        They will be adding the 1921 census records next year so that will be costing them dearly I should imagine.
                        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

1921 is make or break for my paternal line but if I renew now I'm largely wasting the money unless they drop a lot of Lincolnshire PR's online, prefereably for 1920-1940 period. I can't see that happening.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post

They will be adding the 1921 census records next year so that will be costing them dearly I should imagine.
                            That will gain them subscribers, they hedged their bets with 1939 register and it didn't do as well as they hoped.

Comment

Working...
                            X