Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
    Irish Genealogy

Possibly the marriage of Elizabeth and George Friars dau on the 1851 Sarah b 1836

Still not seeing link to Lackeys

Vera
    as per the above highlighted bit - i was looking at the 1851 cenus you mentioned of Ireland linked to eliz. friar. I started to look at moses siblings to see if any of those also came to whitehaven, (not that ive seen in a quick search), but i have found moses brother george linked to another family tree. Eliz. maiden name in the tree is Milligan (so still not a link to Lackey) nor can i see her on the tree (looking at the pedigree charts) linked to the lackeys (none of lackey name showing). BUT the name in tree changes between Friar, Fryer and freer but she has no parents listed and all her children are just names and dobs.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just a thought on the 1851 Eliza Friar b 1830 and I note 1835 recorded next to Elizabeth Friar which If I recall from somewhere said to be year of marriage. So could have been married to a Lackey?? Prior to m to George Friar. Stretching it a bit. As Carolyn says Thomas Lackey could be grandson.

Vera
      ​​​​​​

Comment

whose who list

Thomas LACKEY b 1845 soldierstown ireland, (died bef 1939 ? sunderland area) MARRIED in 1880 whitheaven to Catherine REY b 1857 Larne ireland, died 1947 sunderland
        |
        children
        |
        **Thomas george LACKEY b 1881 arlecdon cumberland, (died 1936 USA,) MARRIED 1907 in gateshead to Edith Chapman b 1887. Had 2 children Emily & Robert LACKEY.

**William John LACKEY b 1882 arlecdon cumberland, (died 1928 newcastle), MARRIED 1905 in gateshead to Harriet pearson b1883. had 3 children John, ELizabeth & robert LAKEY. REMARRIED in 1917 to Margaret Hilburn

**James LACKEY b 1884 arlecdon cumberland (died 1925 nnova scotia), MARRIED in canada to esther davidson. no found children.

**Elizabeth LACKEY b 1886 arecldon cumberland (died 1887 whitehaven)

**Robert LACKEY b 1888 arlecdon cumberland, (died 1903 ryton) no marriage found

**Sarah ELizabeth LACKEY b 1890 arlecdon cumberland, (died 1894 whihteaven cumberland)

**Margaret Jane LACKEY b 1891 arlecdon cumberland (died 1894 whitehaven cumberland)

**Emily LACKEY b 1896 arlecdon cumberland (died 1972 durham) MARRIED in 1918 gateshead to james durning

**Amelia LACKEY b 1896 arlecdon cumberland (died 1901 whitheaven)

**Ralph LACKEY b 1898 arlecdon cumberland (died 1982 sunderland), MARRIED 1920 gateshead to elizabeth holiday. Had 2 children Joyce and Marion Lackey. REMARRIED Dorothy Dawsey

RANDOM PEOPLE

Elizabeth Friar (? mother) b about 1811 ireland (died ? 1885 whithehaven under Freer) married ? George friar

Moses Friar b 1845 Ireland (son of elizabeth according to 1851 census) living in arlecdon cumberland in 1881 and 1891

John LACKEY b abt 1826 ireland died 1878 whitehaven cumberland - ? same John on 1861 in maryport cumberland

Comment

Still prodding for clues to Elizabeth Friar 'mother'.

I did note that when Thomas George and wife visited the UK in 1929 the address on the manifest was Soldierstown, Aghalee. Wondered if Dad, Thomas, had returned to live in Ireland.

On FMP Ireland Billion Graves there is a link to the burial in June 1925 for a Thomas Lackey at Holy Trinity Church of Ireland, Aghalee

GRONI have him on their index

Reg Dis Lurgan. Sub Aghalee
          Lackey, Thomas, Male, Married
          Date of Death 7 June 1925 aged 72

​​​​​​​Vera

Comment

Just a thought on the 1851 Eliza Friar b 1830 and I note 1835 recorded next to Elizabeth Friar which If I recall from somewhere said to be year of marriage. So could have been married to a Lackey?? Prior to m to George Friar. Stretching it a bit. As Carolyn says Thomas Lackey could be grandson.

Vera
            ​​​​​​
            Have no skills in Irish records, so can't offer any help, feels like Elizabeth Friar must be related, an odd mistake to make on the census to turn visitor into mother.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

Have no skills in Irish records, so can't offer any help, feels like Elizabeth Friar must be related, an odd mistake to make on the census to turn visitor into mother.
              i know what you mean, they dont even sound alike. but there again on Lackey's from another part of cumbria 1 of them went canada and is listed as brother to head, the head is male and has the surnames of scott so i'm guessing it does happen (and the heads wife was called minnie and not found 1 of those as a lackey that he could be a sister of.)

Comment

Still prodding for clues to Elizabeth Friar 'mother'.

I did note that when Thomas George and wife visited the UK in 1929 the address on the manifest was Soldierstown, Aghalee. Wondered if Dad, Thomas, had returned to live in Ireland.

On FMP Ireland Billion Graves there is a link to the burial in June 1925 for a Thomas Lackey at Holy Trinity Church of Ireland, Aghalee

GRONI have him on their index

Reg Dis Lurgan. Sub Aghalee
                Lackey, Thomas, Male, Married
                Date of Death 7 June 1925 aged 72

Vera

Oooh, could be a link, and would explain why i can't find a death in cumbria/durham areas for thomas.

Comment

Working...
                X