Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Vallack from Maker in Cornwall born 1805.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regards the Ellen who married Charles Franklin Law, there is a death in the UK for a man of that name in 1880:

LAW, CHARLES FRANKLIN 35 GRO Reference: 1880 M Quarter in BETHNAL GREEN Volume 01C Page 159
    The probate record says he was a tobacconist of 503 Cambridge Heath Road, and that Administration was granted to widow & relict Ellen Law of the same address

The 1881 census at 503 Cambridge Heath Road, Bethnal Green has:
    Ellen Law 28 widow Tobacconist born Australia, and in the final column it says 'Fool Imb[ecile] from birth

Comment

Re his daughter with Ann Brown, Ann Harriet b 1864

An Annie Harriet Vallack married Robert John Thompson in Victoria in 1897. She died in Victoria in 1945, age given as 80 (1865). Parents named as John Vallock & Annie Brown.

Her death notice says she was the loved sister of Peter. https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/a...22%20thornbury

Peter John died 5 May 1951 aged 90. Newspapers say he died intestate, but it looks like Administration must have been granted: https://prov.vic.gov.au/search_journ...ck%20peter%20j

No further forward with Jane/Mary Jane, or what happened to Ellen after 1881.

Comment

Thanks again everyone. Will follow this all up later.

Teasie, I saw that marriage to Archibald Robinson but then couldn't find a birth for Mary Jane.

The marriage of Ellen to Charles said he or his family were from England, I think Leicester off hand.

Carolyn. thanks for the info on Peter John. I kept seeing his name come up in later newspapers but ingored them for now as I was getting a bit confused.

Told my sister in law what we might have found and she said she wouldn't let her 90 mother know but she is very excited to get all the info. That will be another job for me today.
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Mandy, only just seen your message. Thanks.
          Lin

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
            Mandy, only just seen your message. Thanks.
            No worries. I saw Carolyn sent you a copy of just the bit you needed.
            Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Thanks anyway, always nice when people help you.

I have just sent a timeline to my sister in law and a lot of the docs that have been found. Not heard back yet.

Lin

Comment

Think I have found Anne Vallack nee Brown's death.

Annie Vallack admitted to Launceston invalid depot 1 May 1903 born England and discharged on death 13 Jan 1904.

Does anyone know if this is a workhouse or a hospital?
                Lin

Comment

I'd have to look for the answer about the Invalid Depot, but have you seen this application from Ann Vallack to be a teacher? Dated 1868, and states she was a widow.

Comment

That is brilliant and fits in with the admission and death I found as that said she was born in England

Lin

Comment

Working...
                    X