Cause of death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cause of death?

Been on another chase but I'm having a bit of trouble reading this death cert. I can make out that the first word is Bronchitis and then with but no clue what the last word is! [though it does look like Loaves!!! but it can't be that can it?]

anyone else have any ideas please?

record-image_ (4)-001.jpg
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Same here, can't even decide what the letter is after the L. Sorry
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Struggling here too. Lysarus? Llsarus?

Comment

Pass, ask me one on fish!

I have no blooming idea, appreciate your comments though Lin & GL.. sure got me stumped!
        Julie

Comment

I came across this site whilst looking for '19th century diagnosis bronchitis with ?'

Bronchitis | Special Collections | Library | University of Leeds

Are there any clues, eg. age, occupation or suchlike?

Okay I have had a good old play. Could it be

Bronchitis with L Fissures. (as in lung fissures) although on the document looks as if it might be L fisurs
          Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Thank you Mandy,

She was only 5months old so no occupation bless her. Her parents had 3 children in succession that died Eliza, Fannie and Arthur, they all died of Bronchitis in some form or another.

That certainly makes the most sense, I can't imagine the heartache that must have gone off.. poor souls.
            Julie

Comment

'Throughout the 1800s bronchitis was one of the main causes of death in urban areas of Europe. The disease was particularly abundant in Britain during the late 19th century in damp and smoky industrialised places. Overcrowding and unsanitary living conditions will have caused the virus to spread readily within communities.'

The above was from the link article.

When I was playing with letters I came up with a word that kept leading me to articles about SARS in Cranes, the bird. I have now frightened myself beyond Covid!
              Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblebelle View Post
                'Throughout the 1800s bronchitis was one of the main causes of death in urban areas of Europe. The disease was particularly abundant in Britain during the late 19th century in damp and smoky industrialised places. Overcrowding and unsanitary living conditions will have caused the virus to spread readily within communities.'

The above was from the link article.

When I was playing with letters I came up with a word that kept leading me to articles about SARS in Cranes, the bird. I have now frightened myself beyond Covid!
                oh dear, I should have said that this family emigrated from Bolton, lancs to Rhode Island USA, I can find the children but the parents are very very elusive, I suspect that they died just before the 1900 census. though any information for RI is very scant
                Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

oh dear, I should have said that this family emigrated from Bolton, lancs to Rhode Island USA, I can find the children but the parents are very very elusive, I suspect that they died just before the 1900 census. though any information for RI is very scant
                  Ah well. Good luck. That sounds crass. Hope the outcome is happier than expected.
                  Bubblebelle x

Comment

My paternal great-grandparents had 8 children, my grandfather being #4.

One child died age 2 before he was born, but then only his next sister survived. The last 3 were born in 1898, 1890 and 1893. None survived longer than 2 years old. I got the death certificate for the child born in 189o ................ she died age 8 months in 1891, of pneumonia. The last born lived only 5 days.

My great-grandmother was not on the 1901 Census, and I spent years looking for her death .................. Hannah Schofield can appear in so many forms and is such a common name in the north!

Finally someone on GR suggested that I try Annie Schofield, housekeeper to a theatrical manager and accompanied by a daughter.

It was her and child #5. They were still with the theatrical manager, but living in Salford in 1911, and Annie called herself a widow ............ true, gt grandfather died in 1909.

All I can guess is that the strain of so many babies dying, especially the last 3 in such a short time, caused her to leave the house with her youngest surviving child at some time between 1893 and 1901 and get the job as housekeeper.

Grandfather never talked about his family, and maybe this was one of the reasons. Grandfather did register his father's death, so they must have kept in contact.
                    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Could be dysplasia. Known to affect prem babies and infants. I googled it. I note doctor skipped some letters out when writing bronchitis

Vera

Comment

thanks ladies, most appreciated.
                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                        X