Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to find baptism records

hi,

are there dedicated sites to baptism records or is it just via main websites like ancestry and fmp?
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

There are also some on Freereg. it is only transcriptions and some areas are really well covered.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Am sure you've forgotten to add familysearch to your list. It is sometimes worth internet searching the parish because sometimes someone may just have transcribed some of the records. I used to find a lot of Suffolk records this way a long time ago but they appear to have disappeared. But have been lucky with a few Kent parishes although they do appear to be early dates.
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

search each area you are interested in with "OPC" in search criteria.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Also note that sometimes on FamilySearch they have the film of parish records online but not indexed nor transcribed. You can find them by going to catalog, search by place - that will give you the records associated with the place. Under Church Records (I think), individual grouping will be listed. If the parish & time frame that you want is listed, click. If there is a camera with no key above it, the film is available online.
          Sorry if I have some details wrong...

Comment

thanks for replies. i know there is a baptism for person im looking for as found on a local history group BUT they want £12 for cd for all in area and as far as i've worked out this gentleman was only 1 of 11 not baptised in church in village where they lived.
            **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
            X