Richard Robinson/Robertson 1788-1840

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Robinson/Robertson 1788-1840

I'm looking to see if I can find any more info on Richard Robinson/Robertson. Here is what I know:

He was a Widower when he married Sarah Watchorn 12 May 1818 @ Melton Mowbray Church.
    Excuse the blurry image this is the only one I have.

He states he was from Waltham [on the wolds?] which is more or less next door to MM.

on his daughters m/certs his occupation is Miller/Journeyman. He was 52 years old when he died.

this is the only information I have on him.
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 17-01-21, 09:20.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Using Freereg I have found a possible first marriage, though I'm really not sure.

County Leicestershire
    Place Hoby
    Church name All Saints
    Register type Phillimore's Transcript
    Marriage date 18 Dec 1809
    Groom forename Richard
    Groom surname ROBINSON
    Groom parish St Mary
    Groom abode Nottm
    Bride forename Elizabeth
    Bride surname NEWBY

I can't see anything else there.
    Julie

Comment

Did he have children from his first marriage? If so where were they born?
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

The only things I have found, and this is from the marriage to Elizabeth Newby is

William bap 20 Apr 1811 St Marys Nottingham to Richard Robinson and Elizabeth. Also a burial 30 Aug 1811 at St Marys. No age given.

Then a burial for Elizabeth wife of Richard 29 Oct 1811 St Marys Nottingham.

Whether this is your Richard and Elizabeth I'm not sure but he did say he was from Nottingham on the marriage record.
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
          Did he have children from his first marriage? If so where were they born?
          I don't know Kat. I know nothing about his previous marriage/wife/children if any.. it is truly a brick wall

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
            The only things I have found, and this is from the marriage to Elizabeth Newby is

William bap 20 Apr 1811 St Marys Nottingham to Richard Robinson and Elizabeth. Also a burial 30 Aug 1811 at St Marys. No age given.

Then a burial for Elizabeth wife of Richard 29 Oct 1811 St Marys Nottingham.

Whether this is your Richard and Elizabeth I'm not sure but he did say he was from Nottingham on the marriage record.
            Thanks Lin, I really appreciate this, though I really don't know whether this is relevant or not.

Julie

Comment

Just found the image of the 1809 marriage and one of the witnesses is Samuel Robinson!!

Just putting it here so I don't forget.
              Lin

Comment

Just found the image of the 1809 marriage and one of the witnesses is Samuel Robinson!!

Just putting it here so I don't forget.
                oooh where did you find that Lin?

I was kind of hoping that there might be something in a newspaper about Richards Death that might help but I'm useless at searching newspapers!
                Julie

Comment

found nothing! Will have a look around newspapers tonight, nothing obvious for Richard Robinson, did search around for some watchorns - downloaded a few snippets, but don't think they are yours.

Have added the marriage onto google drive - better quality image for you.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                  Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                    found nothing! Will have a look around newspapers tonight, nothing obvious for Richard Robinson, did search around for some watchorns - downloaded a few snippets, but don't think they are yours.

Have added the marriage onto google drive - better quality image for you.
                    oh that's brilliant thank you, that copy was from Melton Library where the kind lady copied the entry for me.
                    Julie

Comment

All on FMP. But you know me I'm useless at putting images on here.

Did have a look at Samuel Robinson and there is one born Hoby, which is where Elizabeth Newby was from but couldn't find a Richard to fit in from there.
                      Lin

Comment

Just realised I had your e-mail address so sent you the copies. You can put on here if it will help people.

Sent the Samuel I found as he might be the witness on the Marriage record and born the same place as Elizabeth.

Looking at Sarah, I realise this must be part of your Jacques/Jacks family,
                        Lin

Comment

All on FMP. But you know me I'm useless at putting images on here.

Did have a look at Samuel Robinson and there is one born Hoby, which is where Elizabeth Newby was from but couldn't find a Richard to fit in from there.
                          Thanks for the email/images most appreciated, did you say that the weddings were in Hoby? I did notice that Samuel Robinson witnessed two marriages on that page... hmmm
                          Julie

Comment

Just realised I had your e-mail address so sent you the copies. You can put on here if it will help people.

Sent the Samuel I found as he might be the witness on the Marriage record and born the same place as Elizabeth.

Looking at Sarah, I realise this must be part of your Jacques/Jacks family,
                            yes Richard is Sarah Robinson Jaques' Father
                            Last edited by Darksecretz; 17-01-21, 18:39.
                            Julie

Comment

Yes it was Hoby and she was from the parish. I was wondering if Richard was from near there as per other marriage and move to Nottingham as the labourers and Fwk didn't have so much work in the early 1800. Then can back and married Elizabeth.
                              Lin

Comment

Working...
                              X