Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• programme/software that lets you search by dates

hi,
    is there any programmes/software that allow you to search you tree by a certain date? i know most do by name but thats not what i need. i can download a gedcom to use on any but i have no idea of where to start to find anything like the above (if it exists.)

thanks
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Family Historian will search on pretty much any criteria. The 'Records Page' has a number of columns which can be sorted in order. Also there is a general search and a facility to 'Query' all the data.
    You can get a 30 day free trial of the software which is fully working for that time limit.
    Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
      Family Historian will search on pretty much any criteria. The 'Records Page' has a number of columns which can be sorted in order. Also there is a general search and a facility to 'Query' all the data.
      You can get a 30 day free trial of the software which is fully working for that time limit.
      Anne
      Yet another good reason why I need to get a shift on and get my old FTM tree fit for purpose so I can get going with an import into FH. Remember that remark the other day on another thread where I said that you wouldn’t believe how many times my source was nothing but ancestry.co.uk ? Well... I hived off that bit of the source usage report as it was making me feel depressed - 40 pages of Word document to trawl through

Comment

I would agree that Family Historian is a good option. I haven’t been using it for very long so I’m still learning but the ability to search and sort on so many different criteria is fantastic. Get the 30 day free trial and it comes pre-loaded with a small tree for you to experiment with and decide whether it does what you want.
        Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

thank you, not one ive heard of or used. i shall take a look. thanks
          **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

You can search by date in Family Tree Maker, using the Edit/Find Individual function ( or Find/Replace) .... but you have to search one type of information at a time e.g. birth, and you have to enter the date as it appears in the field you are searching - so 10/9/1962 might not find anything but 10 Sep 1962 will.

Family Historian is easier.
            Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
            Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Here's a screenshot from Family Historian, where I've chosen to filter to the surname 'Macleod', and have sorted by birth date.
              Be aware that I've set all these columns (bar the first) myself - but it's very, very customisable!

temp.png

This just gives a small taste of FH's capabilities.
              Hope it helps - there's certainly no harm in downloading the free trial!

William
              Kind regards,
              William
              Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

Working...
              X