Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter Clark

Help please,

I am trying to find out the names of Walter Clark's parents and where he was born. The information that i have so far is that he was born abt 1910 in Yorkshire.
    He married Elsie R Woodward Apr.-May-June qtr.1933 at Easingwold Registry Office Yorkshire.
    The 1939 Registration shows him still living in Easingwold.
    They had 3 children.
    Godfrey A Clark b Sept. 1933 Easingwold Deceased.
    **** 1937 Bulmer still living.
    Ruth M Clark b March 1939 Bulmer deceased.

If anyone has any information or can point me in the right direction i would be very grateful.

Kind Regards

Tony Suter
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 13-01-21, 20:40. Reason: edited out living person

Just checking the people in Easingwold I can see, is Elsie as the first in her household with a Walter Clark an ARP warden away from home ?
    Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
    http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

That’s the only match I find as well Elaine but his birth date is roughly a decade out. The Elsie R in Easingwold has 4 people below her all redacted. Presumably her children but OP has said only 3 children. Had a look at GRO and I can only find 3 right enough.

Comment

I'm glad you found the same, wasn't sure beause of the birthdate
        Elaine

Comment

If that is the right chap, and his birthday is accurate, the only Walter CLARK registered in 1899 2Q in Yorkshire is this one.
          CLARK, WALTER THORNTON
          GRO Reference: 1899 J Quarter in MALTON Volume 09D Page 435

Comment

This might be the marriage that matches. ukbmd gives church as Westow, St Mary, Ryedale. The image is on FMP. Westow is 17 miles from Easington according to Google maps.
            John
            Clark
            -
            John Clark married one of these people

Louisa Thornton
            Malton
            -
            Yorkshire
            England

Comment

And a death

Walter Clark 15 Apr 1899
              Q4 York 1985
              Elaine

Comment

not found anything, I did find a newspaper report, was hoping for a marriage announcement

Thought it might be of interest - guess it could be Walter

Leeds Mercury - Wednesday 13 March 1935

Leeds Mercury - Wednesday 13 March 1935.png
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Again, if right person, Walter and parents and siblings are in Westow 1901 and 1911 censuses. Don’t think we can do much else till OP comes back on.

Comment

Think a marriage cert/reg entry needed for parents and occupation.
                    Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 21.50.27.png
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

nb 2 later children in Bulmer, not that I can find anyone there either
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                        Think a marriage cert/reg entry needed for parents and occupation.
                        Definitely as the injured Walter is a labourer / road worker but the one we found in 1939 Register is a Bedroom Steward at an Air Raid Precautions School. If we have the right man, his father John 1901 a shepherd on a farm and 1911 a farm labourer and on marriage to Louisa Thornton a labourer.

Comment

There is a marriage of a Walter Clark and Elsie Antcliff recorded at Sculcoates Reg District in the Sept Qtr 1935 and there is also a baptism of Walter Clark in the Parish of Drypool, Kingston upon Hull on 5/9/1909.
                          His parents are recorded then as Frederick William Clark, Fireman, and Gertrude, and along the bottom of the baptism record, his birth date is shown as
                          12th August 1909. The age of a person with that birthdate should be shown as 1yr in the 1911 census, age at last birthday, which it was for Walter.
                          In the 1939 National Register, Walter is shown with his wife, Elsie, at 11 Allbert terrace, Gillet Street, Kingston upon Hull, 2 redactions most probably of children, and an Amy Clark, birthdate of 9/2/1869, Incapacitated.
                          Walter's birthyear was originally misrecorded but later amended to 1909 and he was shown a General Labourer.
                          In the 1911 census, Gertrude Clark, 24, is shown as daughter in law of Drusilla Clark, 65, Head, with her two sons, Frederick W Clark, 3, and Walter Clark, 1.
                          Her father in law, Henry B Clark is not at home but as he was a Marine Fireman that is no surprise. With a useful name like Drusilla, even with the variant spellings, it is not difficult to track that generation.
                          The Walter and Elsie who married in 1935 may be more likely as the parents of two children born before 1939 and still alive at the time of the National Register.

merleyone

Comment

Working...
                          X