birth certificate question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

birth certificate question

I was on freebmd today and grandson was looking over my shoulder and asked if he was on there but they are not up to his date yet so he asked if his mums was on there. Well I had a bit of a surprisse when I saw it has been mistranscribed. There is a K instead of an M but when you look at the original it is debatable whether it would be an M or K. So if my daughter were for whatever reason to order a copy of her birth certificate would it be correct or would they have trouble reading it at the registry office?

The images of the index pages can sometimes be difficult to read in places, so it sounds like the volunteer who transcribed it had a bit of difficulty. Doesn't really have any bearing on what might be on the original record ( which GRO will have never seen anyway).

If the original record was wrong, you would probably have noticed when you registered her birth, or when you looked at any copy of her birth certificate you were given at the time ?
    I am a professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, based in Buckinghamshire - please contact me for any help/advice or research via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

The copy I have is correct, I was just a bit concerned if she wanted to order a copy in future for anything. I did try to fill in the correction form but it didnt work.

Comment

Working...
      X