Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree Chart (specific)

Hope this is the right section to ask.

Building my family tree up, my Mother has asked for a 'poster' showing her direct ancestors/descendants and their partners.
    I have all the information in MyHeritage (and Ancestry!) but can't find a way to produce the report. I always seem to get my dads parents and their parents etc as well as my mums.

Anybody know of a report or software that can achieve this?

Most desktop software packages will do this. I personally use Family Historian, which has a free 30 day demo, and as a wide variety of types of diagrams and is very easy to create one.

https://www.familytreeforum.com/foru...-tree-software has general chat about the different packages.

Whichever you choose, you will need to download/export your tree as a GEDCOM from Ancestry or MyHeritage.

It comes under Manage your tree for both sites.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

You can do a simple chart from Ancestry of direct ancestors of a root person. I print one in portrait for the people whose DNA tests I manage. It gives 5 generations including the root person.

If you want a chart that covers more than this you need to be aware of the large size that can result. For example I did one for a One Name Study showing all the descendants of the 'name' from a couple who married in 1795. It was 22 feet long!!

Anne

Comment

Working...
      X