giving birth aged 11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• giving birth aged 11?

I just had a distant dna match and its from the area my dad is from so guessing its my paternal side. I am guessing that this may be an adoption as the person appears in a few trees with mother and mothers mother and she only has a maiden name so looks like an unmarried mother. When i searched for the 2 births the mother was 1935 and her mother was 1924. Would that even be possible.? I feel there is something amiss with this info

It is technically possible as a girl can start her periods as early as that but I agree with you about something being amiss. If the mother was indeed only 11 years old, there will most likely be something that you may not want to know about.
    If you ignore the birth year in the trees for the elder of the two women, are there any other possible births for the younger one which might indicate a mistake in the trees? I might be inclined to pay for the birth certificate of the younger one to clear up the circumstances of her birth (mother and baby home etc?) before I made any contact with the DNA match especially as it’s a distant one. At least that way you will be prepared if facts come your way that you would find upsetting.

Comment

I just had a reply and the mother was placed in an orphanage because her mother couldnt provide for her so at least I have contact. I have asked a couple more questions so will wait their response

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
        Would that even be possible.?
        This is from a study about maternal complications in a US population subset. This quote is a bit alarming:
        "a11 years olds represented only 5 (weighted n) of the discharges. The rest were 12–14 year olds."

Five 11-year-olds delivered babies. OMG. That's five too many.

Different location and time period, but I remember that there were two 11-year-olds that delivered while my nursing class did its labor & delivery clinical rotation. I have thought that perhaps it was faulty memory. Probably not.

Comment

Wasn't margaret beaufort 12 when she had henry VII? I know medieval mind set is different, but even that was shocking to contemporaries.

i'd be more inclined to think the grandmother's birth details are wrong.

Comment

I have asked then if they know the correct date of birth so wait and see if they actually know the answer

Comment

it is looking increasingly likely. Apparently she worked in a big house for an american business man and the person I am in contact with has had several matches from the usa.....

Comment

Working...
              X