Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photographs, fashion and family links in Canterbury.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How old do you think she is? Three?
    Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Originally posted by Gardengirl View Post
      How old do you think she is? Three?
      Sounds about right.

Comment

This could be another breakthrough. I came across this image whilst looking at some Ancestry hints https://www.ancestry.com/mediaui-vie...hstart=default. It’s definitely the Ann Drayson from my tree because the father’s name is right and the photo on the document looks very similar to one of the old album photos. What do you think?

Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

I’m still trying to find the original source of the first photo in the album which I believe is Charles Drayson b1775.

I listened to a very interesting zoom meeting this evening about finding the stories behind old photos. It was by Steven Gill of www.photo-consult.co.uk and was really excellent so look out for him, I think he’s going to be at the Really Useful Show. Anyway, he said that the image that I have is almost certainly a photograph from the mid 1800s taken of a much earlier painting of the man.

I have done some googling and the same image, but just head and shoulders reversed, appears in quite a few places. I have had no response from the person who uploaded it to Family Search or Ancestry but I have just seen that it is on MyHeritage too. I don’t have a subscription to that site so wondered if anyone could have a look for me and see if there are any clues to the source of the image.

I think this is the link https://www.myheritage.com/names/charles_drayson

Comment

Working...
          X