mates parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mates parents

Its a while since i have been on the site but i would like to get some help if possible, I am looking for any information regarding my mates parents, and i don't have the knowledge or it seems the patience anymore. I am looking for Samuel Edward Briggs, possibly in Keithley ,Yorkshire ,DOB 03,02,1909,married Margaret Waring in 1936,I do hope that someone could help as he is getting old now and would love to get some information as to who is in his past. Ron

All the best to everyone

Sam's death in 1987 gives his birth as 3.2 1909,but in 1939 he is living in Arthur St. Salford and states his birthdate as 30.5.1909.Margaret's is given as 31.6.1908. The ref. for the marriage is 4/4 1936 Salford 8D 656

Comment

Samuel Edward Briggs 1/4 1909 Dewsbury Yorkshire 9B 557 Mothers mn Fletcher

Comment

there is a baptism for the DoB at Battyeford, Christ The King, West Yorkshire, England

parents William & Jane Briggs
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Father William is a labourer. I found wife with name Mary Jane, address Lower Row

Comment

I am not finding him on the 1911 census - he seems to be hiding.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

There's a transcription of Samuel's marriage at Lancs OPC, confirms name of father

OPC, Online Parish Clerk, family history, local history, free data, parish registers, census, Lancashire

Marriage: 26 Dec 1936 St James, Broughton, Lancashire, England
              Samuel Edward Briggs - 27, Labourer, Widower, 16 Arthur St.
              Margaret Waring - 28, Domestic, Widow, 76 Harrietta St.
              Groom's Father: William Briggs, (deceased), Labourer
              Bride's Father: William Chadwick, Labourer

Haven't posted the witnesses due to date

Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
              http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Can only find one possible match for Margaret

Margaret Chadwick to Henry Waring Q4 1932 Prescot 8B 1211
                Elaine

Comment

From Lancs bmd

CHADWICK Margaret WARING Henry 1932 St Thomas Eccleston St Helens C2/11/453
                  They married at St Thomas, Eccleston. Copy of certificate could be ordered from St Helens Registry Office, #C2/11/453
                  My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

William Briggs married Mary Jane Johnson 6/10/1894 Ockbrook, Derbyshire - he son of Henry Briggs and she a widow dau. of Thomas Fletcher. Witnesses Christopher Fletcher and Johanna Fletcher.

For some reason the whole family have been listed as Johnson on 1911 census at Cheetham Hill, Manchester.

William Briggs was born 1867 Spondon, Derbyshire, son of Henry Briggs and Elizabeth Fox.

Mary Jane Fletcher born 1866 Spondon, dau. of Thomas Fletcher and Sarah Jane Holbrook.

Annette

Comment

I had found that census, was trying to check it was the right family with MMN of children, but went to bed, it is so odd that they are Johnson.

Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

I think mystery solved as this must be Horace
                        JOHNSON, HORACE FLETCHER
                        GRO Reference: 1894 J Quarter in SHARDLOW Volume 07B Page 506
                        Last edited by cbcarolyn; 30-12-20, 09:51.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

William was in the 7th Dragoon Guards at the age of 19 joined 0n 10 June 1885 in Canterbury, and was then transferred to the reserves in 1893
                          reg number 2889

documents on ancestry
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Comment

1871 Mary Jane is as Gt grandaughter to Frank Holbrook age 81 and Thomas and Sarah in the next household

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Have found a marriage 28 Sep 1812 at St. Alkmund to Ann Rigett and then the family are on census returns in Spondon; Francis died 1872 Q3 Shardlow age 83.

Just a bit stuck at the 'middle marriage' for Thomas and Sarah Jane

Elaine

Comment

Had a look at the census returns, with Mary Jane as gt grandaughter at the back of my mind and there is a Sarah Jane Holbrook c 1844 with a Hannah Holbrook 1851

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

baptisms for the girls

Hannah marries Joseph Clark 10 Oct 1852 at Duffield (marriage on Anc.), Hannah's father is Francis Holbrook

Elaine

Comment

thank you for doing this search,he is really pleased with the information provided by you all,its his 80th birthday this month and this has really cheered him up,I am looking through the information sent by you and carrying on with it,but once again thanks for all you help,this is by far the best family forum that i have had the pleasure to use,we used to have one here in Salford but they decided to close it down. Ronxx

Comment

Working...
                                X