Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every day is a learning day! What have you learnt today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, a huge thank you to you and whoever else was involved, it looks brilliant and clearly needs more publicity. I must go exploring in all the other sections there, too, I had no idea that there were so many useful pages.

A huge thank you .....

Thank you!
    Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

I have just experimented and copied a page into Excel, so give me a while and I will do the rest of the centuries . ....
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I didn't know about it either. Just spent about 12 mins going through the centuries. Loads of things I had heard about but didn't know when they happened.

Another learning day here.
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Gardengirl, have you seen the 'places of worship' section. A lot of this was done a few years ago and you can see photos of the churches your ancestors attended if there is no chance of you getting there yourself.
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

It was too big to upload here so I've put it on my site. I hope you find it useful.

Family Tree Forum Timeline
            Caroline
            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
              Gardengirl, have you seen the 'places of worship' section. A lot of this was done a few years ago and you can see photos of the churches your ancestors attended if there is no chance of you getting there yourself.
              I think I might have looked at that briefly when I first joined but I got so interested in reading the forum posts that I never really went back to explore all these other wonderful things. I will have a good look around this evening during the long lull between supper and bedtime when there is not a thing worth watching on telly! Family History is far more interesting
              Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                It was too big to upload here so I've put it on my site. I hope you find it useful.

Family Tree Forum Timeline
                Brilliant! Thank you again

Comment

I’ve no connections in Africa that I know of but this might be of use to somebody. I have just been reading on the news that the President of Eswatini has died. I had never heard of such a place and looked it up. It’s the new name for Swaziland since 2018. Proper name is The Kingdom of Eswatini.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                    I’ve no connections in Africa that I know of but this might be of use to somebody. I have just been reading on the news that the President of Eswatini has died. I had never heard of such a place and looked it up. It’s the new name for Swaziland since 2018. Proper name is The Kingdom of Eswatini.
                    I taught several Dlaminis from then Swaziland over the years - one of the girls arrived one day and announced that her uncle was now king and they were going back to the coronation.
                    Caroline

Comment

Working...
                    X