Ancestry down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry down?

Hi, is anyone else experiencing problems with Ancestry this afternoon? I keep getting secure connection failed message when trying to load.
    Thanks

I can't get in at the moment.
    Elaine

Comment

I can get to the front page, but I can't make any searches on .co.uk.. keep getting error messages.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Ancestry are aware of the problem and are working towards sorting it.
        Julie

Comment

Yeo just got on and saw the message but still no hints showing or search function, thanks!

Comment

Yep. It has been playing up since early this afternoon. Much worse than usual outages and soooo frustrating for me as that new DNA match replied to me and I could not see more than the first few words till nearly teatime. Just before I gave up on it, I got a message saying you might be experiencing problems on certain parts of the site and they were aware of it and working on it.
            I can now get to my messages but it’s crawling but the rest of the site is still kaputt for me.

Comment

Not sure GL as I was in bed at 21.45 I was pooped! Hopefully it's back to normal today.
              Julie

Comment

I’m seeing comments on FB that the problem is that ancestry server traffic is powered by AWS (Amazon) and due to imminent Black Friday, their bandwidth is not coping with the demands on it. The problems are worldwide. It is said that a similar thing happened when DT was elected President.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                  I’m seeing comments on FB that the problem is that ancestry server traffic is powered by AWS (Amazon) and due to imminent Black Friday, their bandwidth is not coping with the demands on it. The problems are worldwide. It is said that a similar thing happened when DT was elected President.
                  I reckon that the internet/whole bloody world will be struggling again, as we come out of a lockdown to go straight back in.. the worlds mad I tell you!
                  Julie

Comment

Ancestry's rubbish connection is nothing new (although it was gone completely yesterday). They have been struggling to provide an efficient service for months. Mind you, FMP is not much better!!
                    Anne

Comment

So glad i'm not the only one wondering why FMP is so slow.....

Comment

It's getting dire isn't it! FMP say Whoops! as if its just a little occasional slip ..... it's not!

Ancestry keep telling me 'the page is no longer available'. What a stupid message to put up when it clearly IS available after a couple more tries.

If I was new to family history I would have given up long ago but, of course I'm addicted!
                        Anne

Comment

Both sites have been poor for years. I get just as frustrated at the whirly circle on FMP as I do at the daft messages that eventually appear on ancestry. This last few days though are much worse. New failure messages on my laptop and on top of those, my iPhone and iPad keep telling me the connection is lost or is unstable. It’s not my end, it’s ancestry’s servers that keep disconnecting.

Comment

Glad its not just me! I have not seen many complaints recently, maybe we are just resigned to it. I wish they would make sorting their servers out a priority before tinkering with other stuff.
                            Anne

Comment

I haven't used Ancestry for years and left FMP in disgust a few years ago, the free weekends always killed it and the "why not look at our bmd records" is not much use when you want something else.
                              I'm back on it at the moment but frequent "oops" appearing again.
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                              My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                              My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                                Glad its not just me! I have not seen many complaints recently, maybe we are just resigned to it. I wish they would make sorting their servers out a priority before tinkering with other stuff.
                                Anne
                                Couldn’t agree more. Don’t need silly wee fol-der-ols. Just a speedy, steady server. Oh!, and a chromosome browser with triangulation facility please ?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen in Tinsel Knickers View Post
                                  I haven't used Ancestry for years and left FMP in disgust a few years ago, the free weekends always killed it and the "why not look at our bmd records" is not much use when you want something else.
                                  I'm back on it at the moment but frequent "oops" appearing again.
                                  Kind of reminds of a Gene Hunt line... I'm avin' oops for tea!

I know what you mean though, I don't hold back now, I tag them on twitter and ask what the issue is, I have also been known to have a moan via instant messaging frustrating doesn't come into it when you have paid a bloody sub!... sort it out for goodness sakes!
                                  Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

Kind of reminds of a Gene Hunt line... I'm avin' oops for tea!

I know what you mean though, I don't hold back now, I tag them on twitter and ask what the issue is, I have also been known to have a moan via instant messaging frustrating doesn't come into it when you have paid a bloody sub!... sort it out for goodness sakes!
                                    I was blocked from the FMP facebook page andTwitter at one point for pointing out English BMD was useless when trying to access American Newspapers.
                                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                                    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                                    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
                                    X