Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berlin Birth Records

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone is familiar with searching for Records in Berlin? I am really struggling to find birth records of my Grandad and his siblings. From what i understand His father Vincent Bombera and Sophie Pischke moved to Berlin in around 1912, Their first child was born in 1914? with the last being born in 1929, there is 5 siblings, Johann, Franziscek, Bruno, Cecilia and another sister? they lived in the Lichtenberg area of Berlin. I know they are of Catholic faith but am struggling to pinpoint potential churches of the time for their records.

If anyone has any experience of working within Berlin with their Geneology I would very much appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Welcome to FTF!

There are some on the forum who research ancestors in Germany, so they'll chime in.

In the meantime, FamilySearch has a nice wiki with search suggestions that you can play with if they aren't things you already tried:

Comment

There are some records on familysearch, but mostly 19th century from memory, and protestant. I don't think much is online for berlin.

also likely to be looking for civil registration (began 1874) at that point, not church records.

i hired a researcher to look into my berlin ancestors, admittedly early 1800's. But he was very thorough. And surprisingly, quite a lot survived considering the second world war.

Comment

There is an interesting video here for finding your German Ancestors
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I've found a couple of bits on familysearch for marriages though I'd really like to try and kill off the older generations and work out what happened to their children. I have a reference to the name but as father and son had the same name I can't work out wich one it refers too.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
          My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
          My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
          X