Scottish marriage anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish marriage anyone?

I have a marriage but I have no idea who the parents are. I suspect, but don't know for sure can anyone else see please?

Name John Osborne
    Marriage 30 May 1807 Ayr, Scotland
    Spouse Margaret Mcclelland.

I think his parents may be Thomas Osborn and Elizabeth Gascgoin

thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 19-11-20, 09:25.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Looked on FMP and no parents. Also looked on Familysearch and the same except someone seems to have the marriage attached to John born 1782 Ayr.

Is that the same as you think? If its someone's tree you might be able to find more.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
      Looked on FMP and no parents. Also looked on Familysearch and the same except someone seems to have the marriage attached to John born 1782 Ayr.

Is that the same as you think? If its someone's tree you might be able to find more.
      no Lin, the John Osborn I'm thinking it is was born in Sutton in Ashfield in 1789.. poooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
      Julie

Comment

Have you managed to find him on 1841 census born notts. If not it's so hard to decide who is who when they move around.

I'm having the same trouble with my Leicestershire lot at the moment.
        Lin

Comment

Have you managed to find him on 1841 census born notts. If not it's so hard to decide who is who when they move around.

I'm having the same trouble with my Leicestershire lot at the moment.
          I think I have him on the 41, says that his 'wife' was born 'S' I know that it doesn't give relationships but I think that they both snuff it before the 1851! [helpful arent they?]

oooh there is also a William Osborn born in Scotland on the opposite page.. might be a son? says he's 28
          Julie

Comment

they are all FWK's so can't really see John going to Scotland to find a bride.. odd.
            Julie

Comment

Julie, That looks promising. Just see if you can find Williams bap and any other children in Scotland.

Good luck
              Lin

Comment

Have you seem Hunter Osborn born 1827 K in A on 1841?
                Lin

Comment

Have you seem Hunter Osborn born 1827 K in A on 1841?
                  No, but that could be another child to John and Margaret.
                  Julie

Comment

Thought Hunter would be easier to find. Marries in 1839 to Sarah Robinson and dies 1865 Basford area. Just wish Nottinghamshire parish records were on line.

Think the marriage could be right.
                    Lin

Comment

BINGO! Hunter was born in GLASGOW.... och eye the nu
                      Julie

Comment

John & Margaret that marry in Ayr are still up that way in 1841/1851 census.. so not the marriage I was looking at before.

so now need to find a marriage between John & Margaret? in Glasgow potentially.
                        Julie

Comment

Another thought is the older children are Margaret's and he married her here and changed the children's names. Just a thought as it does happen.
                          Lin

Comment

Another thought is the older children are Margaret's and he married her here and changed the children's names. Just a thought as it does happen.
                            that's a good point! thanks.. they had 7 boys that I have found up to yet. Luke was born in 1818 in Sutton in Ashfield, so the other two [William/Hunter] I am looking for their bapts now.
                            Julie

Comment

Just looked at Luke in 1851 in Bulwell and next door is Thomas Osbourn aged 35 born Scotland. Not checked up on him yet.

Supposed to be cleaning but this is more interesting!!

Just looked Thomas on 1871 census and born Peebles Scotland
                              Lin

Comment

Just looked at Luke in 1851 in Bulwell and next door is Thomas Osbourn aged 35 born Scotland. Not checked up on him yet.

Supposed to be cleaning but this is more interesting!!

Just looked Thomas on 1871 census and born Peebles Scotland
                                LOL what are you like!.. I'm not having much luck in pinning these baptisms down... Margarets MN might be Kennady/Kennedy.. but that sounds more Irish than Scots?

Funny thing is that I already knew about Hunter in a roundabout way as his daughter [Louise] marries a Chadbourn!
                                Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                                  BINGO! Hunter was born in GLASGOW.... och eye the nu
                                  Yir spellin’s awfy hen!
                                  This will be of interest for the Kennedy name in Scotland. It’s linked to the area you are interested in.
                                  Check out the Kennedy history and family crest/coat of arms. Free Search. Explore the Kennedy family history for the Scottish Origin. What is the origin of the name Kennedy?

Och aye the noo!

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post

Yir spellin’s awfy hen!
                                    This will be of interest for the Kennedy name in Scotland. It’s linked to the area you are interested in.
                                    Check out the Kennedy history and family crest/coat of arms. Free Search. Explore the Kennedy family history for the Scottish Origin. What is the origin of the name Kennedy?

Och aye the noo!
                                    LOL.. soz!

I'm not having much luck at all trying to find bapts for Hunter/Thomas or William.. some trees have Margaret McClelland as the mother but I can't see that somehow unless she's living a double life! [with John in Ayr!]
                                    Julie

Comment

I can't see anything else. Someone who has better knowledge of Scotland might be able to help.
                                      Lin

Comment

I can't see anything else. Someone who has better knowledge of Scotland might be able to help.
                                        mm you and me both!, looking till I'm bog eyed..
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X