how do I get a GRO ref for an overseas marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I get a GRO ref for an overseas marriage

I've been doing research for years but never had to apply for an overseas records..I have found a record on FMP for the following

Doris E Stevens marriage to Robert C Hart in 1932, in Egypt its a British Army record

it does have this reference ARM" Page 195, Line 194 but I dont think this is the GRO reference as I tried to order on the GRO web site and if you click the box that you know the reference you only get one box to enter a reference.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
    GWEN

I started the order process using HART Robert as the first person and STEVENS Doris and the second person. I needed to enter 1932 again as the year in the bottom line.
    In the GRO reference box I put ARM2 page 195 line number 94 (exactly as I have typed it here) and clicked submit. I then was taken to my details which were already filled in as I am registered on the site. There were no warnings that the ref details were incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
      I started the order process using HART Robert as the first person and STEVENS Doris and the second person. I needed to enter 1932 again as the year in the bottom line.
      In the GRO reference box I put ARM2 page 195 line number 94 (exactly as I have typed it here) and clicked submit. I then was taken to my details which were already filled in as I am registered on the site. There were no warnings that the ref details were incorrect.
      Thanks I will give it a go again as I am registered on this site.
      GWEN

Comment

Working...
      X