Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone help with looking up something on find my past for me please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone help with looking up something on find my past for me please?

Hi, I'm looking at my g grandfather a John J Chapman (born 1876) from Co Durham who married a Kate Elizabeth Huff in 1915. In the 1939 register on Find My Past I can check that a John J Chapman was listed at 28 Double Chadwick St, Birtley, Durham along with his sons Ernest and Norman. All years of birth match up. His wife Kate Elizabeth was listed as living with my grandparents in London, so not sure if they'd split up. Is anyone registered on FMP that could possibly get an exact date of birth of John J Chapman so i can trace his parents, as there's a couple of possibilities. Many thanks if anyone can help. I only have enough spare time at the moment to dip in and out of looking at my family tree so don't really want to pay to register just at the moment. Been using Family Search. If lockdown carries on this may change!
    Cheers

John J Chapman 1 Apr 1876 General Labourer coal mine above ground. Married
    Norman 8 Mar 1919
    Ernest 12 Dec 1921
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

There is a link for reduced ancestry on the forum, and also you maybe able to access ancestry and/or FMP for free via your library due to covid.

and the National Archives are still offering free access to their records, and this weekend FMP are offering free access to War records
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thanks all, that's super fast responses. Thank you Lin, I was hoping that was the John J I was looking for, it's confirmed it with his date of birth.
        Thanks again, I much appreciate it

Comment

Lovely result.

Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Working...
          X