gedcoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gedcoms

can you download as a gedcom, a specific family? like pick a person and download their ancestry for example? i have my main tree on ancestry and was wondering if i could download the part of the tree concerning a great great grandfather for example.

Best bet will be to download the whole thing and then use your desktop software to separate the branch you want.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

do you mean from Ancestry? I remember looking sometime ago and failed to find a solution. I ended up downloading it and then importing into my software, but can say didn't find much of a perfect solution in my software. I think I tried rootsmagic as well.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
        do you mean from Ancestry? I remember looking sometime ago and failed to find a solution. I ended up downloading it and then importing into my software, but can say didn't find much of a perfect solution in my software. I think I tried rootsmagic as well.
        Family Historian is great for splitting trees.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Ancestry is an all-or-nothing download. Various genealogy software apps can take that and split it for you. Do you have any apps on your computer? I've done it with FH but also PAF. FTM can do it for you, too. I'm sure most others can also.

Comment

Working...
          X