No announcement yet.

Selina Bullman 1866 Norfolk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took a look at Hannah Elizabeth Petts nee Delph as the more likely to befriend Selina. I note that in

1881 Selina is a 15 year old patient in the Eye Hospital at Norwich
    1881 John and Hannah Petts in the village of Bradwell
    ​​​​​
    1885/6 Albert B born

1888 Selina married John White. The witness an Elizabeth Petts could be the one married to an Aaron Petts, a Fisherman from Kings Lynn who could be a friend of John White. Lots of could be's

1891 The Petts and Selina are living in ED6 Gorleston, recorded in the next street to each other

So they may have crossed paths whilst in Gorleston. Doesn't however help with is this your Selina ie Bullman.

That Selina Ewen looks good.

Vera

Comment

I did start looking at John Ewen, but did get in a muddle as there are a couple at least. One I note also ended up living with different people to parents as a boarder age 9 and 19. Have to say I gave up as thought was a very tenuous tangent.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Lin Fisher you said at beginning you knew about Selina's sister Naomi, I assume there is nothing that could possibly mention Selina?
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Thanks everyone, a thought I had last night in bed, as you do. Could Elizabeth Petts be Hannah Elizabeth Petts who she was with on the census.

Also have looked for a Selina Bullen born Aylesham district, where she stated she was born on the census and where my Selina was born as there isn't anyone.

Naomi is no help , I didn't actually know her but have all her details. I didn't want people looking them up unnecesarily On here marriage she has Arthur Bullman as her father, probably Arthur Foster was the only Dad she know. There is no-one left to ask.

My Aunty did say that Naomi was quite well off as she was an only child! This makes me wonder when they did come to Nottingham and why.

I will add it all to my private tree but not put it on line.

Thanks again everyone. Lovely to have a few pairs of eye helping.
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Might be back with more Bullmans soon, found a few more that I can't follow through!!
            Lin

Comment

like you say there are no Selina's in Norfolk that look like Bullen, and she does seem to say Aylsham reasonably consistently.

As she had no family to correct the spelling of her name, I could see it is very easy to change it accidentally.

Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

Lin, I have made contact with the person who was researching Selina on MyHeritage. She is Selina's greatgrandaughter so apparently a cousin of yours and eager to talk to you. Details in a PM.
                People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
                Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

Thank you Webwiz. Not read the pm yet. Excitement.
                  Lin

Comment

PM sent. Thank you.
                    Lin

Comment

Working...
                    X