Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different 1/4 dates for the same marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different 1/4 dates for the same marriage?

I'm looking for a marriage between Ralph M Jones and Elizabeth, I've found Ralph on Free BMD for March 1875 in Ely, no sign of Elizabeth I also looked on The Genealogist with the same result, however when I put the page and volume in on Free BMD I get Elizabeth Taylor but her entry is for June 1875 and Ely is in italics. Is this the same couple? I don't want to send off for a certificate as the relationship is a bit distant to justify the cost.
    Margaret

it looks like they are on the same page vol 3b p752a, but for some reason one is in 1st quarter and other in 2nd quarter, hence they are not being picked up together when searching. Guess that must be an error in indexing, although there must be another marriage on the same page? Can only find this one when searching with the page and volume.
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 15-10-20, 18:31.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thank you Carolyn, I hadn't come across anything like this before, if it had been a closer relative I'd have sent for the Certificate but as it is I'll just use 'March' and make a note about the June entry.

Margaret
      Margaret

Comment

Try this site, although it doesn't give the month ..................

https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/re...-and-marriages

MARRIAGE/Civil P M/CP Name(s)- recorded with entry Year
        332/C-LITD1/66 M JONES Ralph
        TAYLOR Elizabeth
        1875 [Add to Basket]
        My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Thank you Sylvia, I hadn't come across that site before.
          Margaret

Comment

Working...
          X