No announcement yet.

George William Smith - did he remarry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let us know what the wills say. I love them. Sometimes they name all their children and the females married names. Just lets you know you are on the right track.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

This might be Frederick in 1939

not that it helps in anyway to find her maiden name!
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
        This might be Frederick in 1939

not that it helps in anyway to find her maiden name!
        Thank you. Living in the same street so it probably is him.

Comment

oh how confusing it can be. lol There are hints to a Frederick BULLEN married to Eliza Ann but the marriage is 1891 so not mine

Comment

NB he is in Milton Road and she is in Milton Street, but one leads to the other. It may not be him, he has been there for a few years as on the reg of electors, and seems to be very few without a middle name, but liked the fact he was in close proximity.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

There is no will for either of the 2 I ordered so feel a bit cheated. BUT on the probate it says Eliza Ann Smith of 52 Milton Street aforesaid the lawful widow and (something) of the said intestate. CAnt read the other word something like relict
              So according to that Eliza Ann is the lawful widow........But still not got a marriage for them unless its the one at West Ham

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
                There is no will for either of the 2 I ordered so feel a bit cheated. BUT on the probate it says Eliza Ann Smith of 52 Milton Street aforesaid the lawful widow and (something) of the said intestate. CAnt read the other word something like relict
                So according to that Eliza Ann is the lawful widow.
                Relict is an archaic word for widow. It comes originally from the Latin verb relinquere which means to leave behind.

Comment

Image gws in Gloryer's images album

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post

Relict is an archaic word for widow. It comes originally from the Latin verb relinquere which means to leave behind.
                    Thanks I wasnt sure if I had that word right

Comment

I think my next move is to order the marriage of Frederick Pullen and Eliza Ann Smith to see if that gives any more clues
                      And if its the marriage 1928 it wont show up on the 1921 census. I am sure they did this deliberately.. lol

Comment

that was a shame about the wills.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                          that was a shame about the wills.
                          Yes I was hoping that my grandfather might have left some information in his will but alas its not to be. Dont think there are any other secrets hidden from me. Think I sussed him out. lol

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                            If her maiden name was JOHNSON, these two are the most likely due to being nearest geographically speaking. The rest in 1 and 2Q were Lancashire and Yorkshire.
                            JOHNSON, ELIZA ANN CARTER
                            GRO Reference: 1869 M Quarter in NORWICH Volume 04B Page 124
                            JOHNSON, ELIZA ANN LEPPITT
                            GRO Reference: 1869 J Quarter in KENSINGTON Volume 01A Page 124
                            I looked at the members trees on ancestry and the one whose mmn is Carter was married to somebody else at the time so I think I can rule her out but I didnt see the other one on anybodys trees.

Comment

Marriage certificate ordered for Frederick Pullen and Eliza ann Smith. Hopefully that will give me some clues if not answers. I need something to work on if we have another lockdown. lol

Trying to work out my biological great great grandfather is very challenging

Comment

Got the certificate back today, quite quick considering the lockdowns etc. Its not very clear but Eliza Ann's father is Charles Barker, or thats what it looks like
                                Image eliza in Gloryer's images album

Comment

Image poplar in Gloryer's images album

so looks like the marriage at West ham Dec 1928 is feasible for George William Smith and Eliza Ann johnson

She must have liked wedding cake to marry 3 times. lol

Comment

Do you have a Barker & Smith marriage?

I see he is the Frederick down the road aww, that's nice/
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Comment

oh my. I have been round in a full circle with this lady. She first married my 2nd great uncle John William Johnson in 1890 . Then she married my great grandfather 1928. I am now looking to see if Frederick Pullen is connected to my tree as I do have Pullen.

It looks like Frederick Pullens father William Pullen is already connected to my tree he is the brother-in-law of 1st cousin 3x removed lol

Comment

that is interesting, I only found him in a couple of reg of electors on his own and in 1939, as a lodger I think.
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

I have found Frederick Pullen in 1881 1891 1901 married 1892 to Caroline Hannah BULLEN would you believe. lol She died 1928
                                          Thats a bit strange it says on 1911 census married less than a year..............

Comment

Working...
                                          X