No announcement yet.

The Mason's Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't thank you all enough for giving me so much help. So many resources and ways of searching that I didn't know about. I had learnt about the National Library of Scotland maps on the FutureLearn course that I have just done but I haven't had time to really investigate it and I didn't know you could have side by side maps like that. Fascinating!

I'm sure you have the right place there, Katarzyna, and it is not far from where they were living in Lansdowne Street just to the east of there on the map. So, I think my original question is answered but as always I'm sure there will be more. Each thing leads to another doesn't it and it's all so interesting even if it doesn't directly relate to your family.

Thanks again everyone
    Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

I have been searching for Masons Arms Milverton F White & Co directory has it in 1874 Landlady Hannah Jeacock 16 Rugby Road New Milverton

Ancestry has 1861 Masons Arms 19 Rugby Road Victualler Richard Taylor wife Sarah.

​​​​​FMP and Ancestry 1851 and 1861 has Simon Townsend mentioned in Court Case with parents at Stamford and Warrington Arms Milverton
      ​​​​​​

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
        I have been searching for Masons Arms Milverton F White & Co directory has it in 1874 Landlady Hannah Jeacock 16 Rugby Road New Milverton

Ancestry has 1861 Masons Arms 19 Rugby Road Victualler Richard Taylor wife Sarah.

​​​​​FMP and Ancestry 1851 and 1861 has Simon Townsend mentioned in Court Case with parents at Stamford and Warrington Arms Milverton
        ​​​​​​

Vera
        Could John Lambert have died 1851-1861 and Sarah remarried?

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post

​​​​​​
          Vera
          I spent a while trawling the 1851 census for Milverton and found William and Elizabeth Townsend there but couldn’t read the pub name clearly- I had ..anford and ..ington Arms - William and Elizabeth Townsend - inn keeper at number 19.

I wonder if 19 and 16 are the two properties on the map that Katarzyna found?

Good point about a possible remarriage for Sarah, GallowayLass

Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Working...
          X