Customise Ancestry Home Page help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customise Ancestry Home Page help

It appears that one can ‘move around tabs on the Ancestry home page. I would actually like to move ‘My Quick Links’ up higher on this Home Page.

From internet and youtube searches it appears this is something Ancestry introduced a few years ago. All one had to do is click on the green ‘Customise the Home Page’ button. Perhaps I should go to ‘Specsavers’ because I cannot see this green ‘customise’ button.

Any suggestions please?

George

On my screen it's not green but it is quite big. It's on the top right just under the top bar where your user name is. I'll do a screen shot if you can't find it.
    Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Top Right where my User Name is, there is just a drop down Menu.

From there I have .... Your Profile / Your Account / Site Preferences / Email Settings / Sign Out.

Sorry, I still cannot see any 'customise' button.

George

Comment

Xenofex2
        This is what I see on my iPad using Safari browser and also using Chome browser. However it does not show up on either browser using my iPhone.
        Which device and browser are you using?

8DC92133-CB92-4369-9707-E0511B6ADA60.jpeg

Comment

This is from Chrome on a laptop
          Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Odd, you both have that 'Customise your homepage' tab. And that is similar to what I saw when searching on the internet.

I have, I think, attached a screenshot of my top right hand corner. Completely blank. I am using a Desktop PC and have checked both the Firefox browser and the new Edge browser. Both the same, blank.

George
            Attached Files

Comment

I don't get this with the .co.uk site, just checked the .com and can see it looks different
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I hadn't been getting my proper Home Screen for some time, and also didn't have the quick links option, which I had before. I have just done an anti virus scan and cleared out cookies and my proper Home Screen has come back, including Quick Links.

I am on .co.uk. I had cleared out cookies before but it hadn't reverted to my proper Home Screen then, but did today. Who knows!
                Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

In the past I've had different results with different browsers on there, so I've just checked. I've tried with Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Opera on the laptop and they all look identical to what Garden Girl posted. At one time you got a different page if you clicked on the logo or Home, but that seems to have been sorted out and they are always the same.

I do clear my cache regularly, don't do anything unusual with the cookies which sometimes folk recommended in the past (and then wondered why the site didn't work correctly) and keep the browsers up to date.
                  Caroline
                  Caroline's Family History Pages
                  Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I was using .co.uk in my screenshot in post #4

Comment

cleared cookies and it is now back - thank you for this, did mention the other day and wondered where it had gone, didn't know it was still there!
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thankyou for the comments and suggestions. Will know where to look on the Home Page for the customise button.

Comment

First chance I have had for a day or two to use my laptop. I am running Windows10 Home. My browser of choice in the new version of Edge. I can see exactly the same as on my iPad in #4. The other browser on the laptop in Firefox and the ancestry homepage looks different on it. No customise option visible anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                          X