Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to locate a burial site - hit a brick wall!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
    As we're talking RC, I would concentrate on burial rather than cremation, especially in 1946. I think it was 1963 when it was decreed that RCs could be cremated.

Thanks Janet, speaking to friends and the 'other' side of the family who were Irish and Catholic had lead me to believe that a cremation wasn't likely, what i don't know if how the Catholic Church at the time would have dealt with a death by suicide and whether the burial could be in consecrated ground or not, i'm none the wiser here....

Neil

Comment

I don't think the records are on line, this website says records are at the parish, and lists them all here:

You have a couple of problems extra with suicide and the fact that maybe LA paid too.

do you know if that address was his last address or Ellens as you say they were apart?
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
        I don't think the records are on line, this website says records are at the parish, and lists them all here:

You have a couple of problems extra with suicide and the fact that maybe LA paid too.

do you know if that address was his last address or Ellens as you say they were apart?

Thanks for the link, the two Churches in Brixton will be my starting point, i know i'll have to go and visit them in person at some point if i can as i won't find anything online, there are multiple problems including suicide/possible LA burial, added to this is that St Francis Hospital is now closed and despite a thorough search no records were availabe here either not that they would have told me much more than i already have.

According to the witness statements at the inquest the address given was his last address, he definitely was living apart from his family and had been for sometime, at this last address was where the attempted suicide was undertaken.

Another place i will visit again is St Patricks in Leytonstone, i found two other relatives buried here and they are also not listed on Deceasedonline so it does make me think that maybe those records are not on that site but i'm really none the wiser as when i last looked for Henry Frederick i don't think it was even in existence!

Comment

Working...
        X