Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ozgirl
    replied
    Oh Thank you for those dates Elaine - I thought the address 3 Down Street looked familiar - it's Constance's address at her marriage which ties everything up rather nicely!

Leave a comment:

• Elaine
    replied
    Going back to the burial, that was the one I thought last night but couldn't find one for Kate.

Bit more to help

E 520 655 9\39 9\21
    JACQUES WILLIAM 80 3 Down St Belgrave 15\03\1913 HSI
    JACQUES ELIZA 87 3 Down St Belgrave 15\08\1913 HSI
    JACQUES ELIZA EMMELINE 3 Down St Belgrave 72 City General Hospital 23\05\1949

***added as I forgot burials are at Belgrave Cemetery

Leave a comment:

• ozgirl
    replied
    Yes it was his parents - presumably Granny could look after the baby. I just found her marriage, and there are also a few trees for her on Ancestry which confirm the death. None of the trees have managed to tie Constance Sr. up with her correct family, only one has William as the father.

Thanks for having a look and confirming it.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    Is that his parents that they are travelling with to Australia, if so it all seems to fit.

Not looked too closely but can see a marriage to Walters and a death in 1991
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 27-09-20, 18:23.

Leave a comment:

• ozgirl
    replied
    I think I have found Constance - she married George Ernest Scholefield on 10/9/1921 in Leicester - age, father's name and father's profession (according to 1911 census) all match. Sadly she died in Mar Q 1922, possibly in childbirth. I have found a child born to this couple in that quarter who emigrates out to Australia with her father in 1924 (under 100 year limit and have not yet found a death so can't put up details).

Could someone have a look and see if they think my thoughts are correct. Thanks

Create an account for free with Findmypast to discover your family history and build a family tree. Search birth records, census data, death records and more.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
    Yes, found the probate! Admin to Kate Smith and William Charles, and address given as 181 Leicester Road Syston.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...4&pId=16508570
    (half way down first column on right=hand page)

Now to find out what happened to Constance Smith b. 1900
    great, I did wonder of reg of electors was anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• ozgirl
    replied
    Yes, found the probate! Admin to Kate Smith and William Charles, and address given as 181 Leicester Road Syston.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...4&pId=16508570
    (half way down first column on right=hand page)

Now to find out what happened to Constance Smith b. 1900

Leave a comment:

• ozgirl
    replied
    I think this might be William - died in March 1946, as his birthday was in October that would have made him 69. His address is Melton Road, Syston. In the 1939 he and Kate were living at 181 Leicester Road, Syston, but looking at an old map Leicester Road was at some time renamed Melton Road.

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcr...BUR%2F00002524.

What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• ozgirl
    replied
    In some documents I have seen him referred to as William Cecil Smith also, but he didn't use the Cecil all the time.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
    As far as I can see there are 3 possibilities for William Sr death - Dec Q 1940, Mar Q 1946 or Jun Q 1958, all in Leicester. This is assuming he used his correct date of birth. Will probably never know unless the death cert is purchased.
    you would think with Smith they would have given him a middle name!

Leave a comment:

• Elaine
    replied
    Will check in tomorrow now, brilliant finding the probate

Leave a comment:

• ozgirl
    replied
    As far as I can see there are 3 possibilities for William Sr death - Dec Q 1940, Mar Q 1946 or Jun Q 1958, all in Leicester. This is assuming he used his correct date of birth. Will probably never know unless the death cert is purchased.

Leave a comment:

• ozgirl
    replied
    Found Kates death - 26 Aug 1958. She had a will and probate was to William Cecil Smith.

Create an account for free with Findmypast to discover your family history and build a family tree. Search birth records, census data, death records and more.

Leave a comment:

• Elaine
    replied
    I was wondering about that one

Leave a comment:

• ozgirl
    replied
    Think I have just found William and Kate senior on the 1939. Kate is transcribed as being born in 1878, but it looks like 1873 to me, so the dates fit with what we know. They are in Barrow upon Soar.

Leave a comment:

• Elaine
    replied
    Just found a William, William Cecil and Kate in the electrol rolls and all 354 at Humberstone Lane, Thurmaston 1921, he would marry a Kate wouldn't he!

Leave a comment:

• Elaine
    replied
    Did you come across military records for a William Cecil Smith born Thurmaston 1898 ?

He is a painter, NOK William Cecil Jacques 104 Humberstone Lane, Thurmaston, is dated on the transcription as 1915.

Leave a comment:

• Elaine
    replied
    Too many Hunt's sometmes too! I found a lot from the papers on one branch because there are a few that join the military and the name Valentine appears periodically to help but usually hinder, one of them uses the name out of the blue on his death certificate and nowhere else.

Some of them are non-conformists, this is good to have for reference, 3 sets of baptisms from 1837-1988

Can I help with Kate ?

Leave a comment:

• ozgirl
    replied
    Mostly, just a couple of Henry Edwards children to sort out, then on to the rest of Eliza's siblings. I think I am still missing some of the babies who died young, but will go back later and have another look. What I am missing however are the deaths for William and Kate Smith - too many to choose from!

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    have you filled all the gaps now?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X