Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darksecretz
    replied
    it's the 1877 marriage I can't pair up, so am thinking that might be a reg office job.

I'm not seeing ANY deaths on FreeBMD phonetically for Mark Osborn that could even remotely tie in.
    I suspect that he may have gone abroad.. US/Canada Aus anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    there is this mark with wife Ann, oddly not a labourer but a fwk in 1861, guess he could be the man in the paper

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=successSource
    pretty sure that this Mark/Ann are this couple:

1848: [married at St. Marys SIA]
    Name: Mark Osborn s/o John Osborn and Mary Mclelland. [or whatever her name was!]

Registration Year: 1848
    Registration Quarter: Jul-Aug-Sep
    Registration District: Basford
    Inferred County: Nottinghamshire
    Volume: 15
    Page: 631
    Records on Page:
    Name
    Ann Bonser
    Thomas Garratt
    Mark Osborn
    Ann Slater

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    this is one of your marriages on fmp not sure if you knew it was mary ann white
    First name(s) Mark
    Last name Osbourn
    Marriage year 1861
    Marriage date 20 May 1861
    Marriage place Basford
    Church St Leodegarius
    Denomination Anglican
    Spouse's first name(s) Mary Ann
    Spouse's last name White
    County Nottinghamshire
    Country England
    Record set Nottinghamshire Marriages Index 1528-1929
    Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
    Subcategory Parish Marriages
    Collections from England, Great Britain

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    there is this mark with wife Ann, oddly not a labourer but a fwk in 1861, guess he could be the man in the paper

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=successSource

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied

the article on 27th April 1863 says Mark Osborne and wife Ann, and I was kind of assuming he was the same man as Teasie found and was a labourer, so not your guy? They 1880 article says he has another wife. And was thinking maybe still the same man. Although not sure who the plasterer one is, so maybe 3 Mark Osbornes as least in your area?

You would think there would be one Mark Osborn in census Might have another look in papers later, see I fI missed any, maybe we can piece together them all
    Thanks, having internet issues here so connection keeps dropping.

I'm pretty sure that the Mark Osborn that has the brother Henry.. is the one that is a plasterer I think... I'm having loads of issues atm with searching and finding..I'm not being rude if I don't reply

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

I'm not understanding what you have written? I'm not fully grasping what you are saying. atm I am struggling to find ANY Mark Osborns in the census.. Ancestry have been faffing about again...
    the article on 27th April 1863 says Mark Osborne and wife Ann, and I was kind of assuming he was the same man as Teasie found and was a labourer, so not your guy? They 1880 article says he has another wife. And was thinking maybe still the same man. Although not sure who the plasterer one is, so maybe 3 Mark Osbornes as least in your area?

You would think there would be one Mark Osborn in census Might have another look in papers later, see I fI missed any, maybe we can piece together them all

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    At least you can see that there is a Mark Osborne married to an Ann by 1863, and appears he married again? is that what the report of 1880.

do you have any Mark Osborns in Basford census?
    I'm not understanding what you have written? I'm not fully grasping what you are saying. atm I am struggling to find ANY Mark Osborns in the census.. Ancestry have been faffing about again...

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    I am sure I searched papers for osborne and knitter sometime ago. Are there nottinghamshire parish records? just not on line?
    I have access to BMDs in Nottinghamshire via NFHS. I'm not sure if FMP has those or not Ancestry certainly doesn't.

the marriages that I have used bold on are what match with the marriages on my disc. The other ones must be reg office jobs [or hadn't been trancsribed yet]

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    At least you can see that there is a Mark Osborne married to an Ann by 1863, and appears he married again? is that what the report of 1880.

do you have any Mark Osborns in Basford census?

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    I am sure I searched papers for osborne and knitter sometime ago. Are there nottinghamshire parish records? just not on line?

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    Flipping ancestry have done it again!! I can't see ANY census in UK when just doing a search for Mark.... seems that they have renamed the census.. to U.K. Census Collection rather than 1861 England census... jeez my head hurts!

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    Ahhh I see now, I think that Mark the plasterer lived in Basford, he had a brother too Henry so that may well be him, his father if I remember rightly was George, but his mother Ann was a widow by 1861.

thank you for the images, it gives me something else to work with.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    there is also a mention of a Mark Osborne Plasterer

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    I can't find the article Teasie found - but here are a few featuring Mark Osborne, Vera mentioned one of them before.

mark osborne4.JPG
    mark osborne3.JPG
    mark osborne5.JPG
    mark osborne2.JPG
    mark osborne1.JPG
    mark osborne6.JPG
    mark osborne7.JPG
    mark osborne4.JPG
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 28-09-21, 16:22.

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    Originally posted by teasie View Post
    I have to go out in a minute, but re the 1861 marriage, there is a newspaper article in the Nottingham Journal 26 September 1861 stating that Mark Osborne a labourer of Basford was brought up on a charge of neglecting to support his wife & child, who in consequence had become chargeable to the union. They had only married 'last Whitsuntide' and had 3-month old child. The wife isn't named, but was not yet 17.
    Thanks Teasie!

oooh.. my Marks occupation he was a FWK in his last 'marriage' though his first wife is a widow on the 1861, BUT I can't find a death for Mark between 1857-1861 that would fit with a birth of 1811.

Leave a comment:

• teasie
    replied
    I have to go out in a minute, but re the 1861 marriage, there is a newspaper article in the Nottingham Journal 26 September 1861 stating that Mark Osborne a labourer of Basford was brought up on a charge of neglecting to support his wife & child, who in consequence had become chargeable to the union. They had only married 'last Whitsuntide' and had 3-month old child. The wife isn't named, but was not yet 17.

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    Still no nearer in trying to find Mark b.1811 after 1851 census. I'm trying to match the marriages and see if that yields any info.

These are the marriages I'm attempting to pair up.

1848: [married at St. Marys SIA]
    Name: Mark Osborn s/o John Osborn and Mary Mclelland. [or whatever her name was!]
    Registration Year: 1848
    Registration Quarter: Jul-Aug-Sep
    Volume: 15
    Page: 631
    Records on Page:
    Name
    Ann Bonser
    Thomas Garratt
    Mark Osborn
    Ann Slater

1861: ????? [married at St. Wilfrids KIA]
    Name: Mark Osbourn
    Registration Year: 1861
    Registration Quarter: Apr-May-Jun
    Volume: 7b
    Page: 140
    Records on Page:
    Name
    Mary Ann Armstrong
    William Mellors
    Mark Osbourn
    Mary Ann White

1871: [married St. Pauls, Nottingham]
    Name: Mark Osborn
    Registration Year: 1871
    Registration Quarter: Oct-Nov-Dec
    Registration District: Nottingham
    Page: 551
    Records on Page:
    Name
    Ellen Dykes
    Henry Marston Goodall
    Ann Hickling
    Mark Osborn

1877:
    Name: Mark Osborne
    Registration Year: 1877
    Page: 162
    Records on Page:
    Name
    Mark Osborne
    Mary Osborne
    John Robinson
    Edward Walker
    William Westby
    Rosanna Whitcroft

1898 [married Annesley All Saints]
    Name: Mark Osborne
    Registration Year: 1898
    Page: 204
    Records on Page:
    Name
    Adeline Armenia Maxfield
    Lucy Omar
    Mark Osborne
    Joseph Rolley

at the moment I'm favouring the 1861 marriage, though I have yet to find them in the census to confirm his DOB. Coffee time me thinks!
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 28-09-21, 08:19.

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    ...that's me - was adding and playing last night to see if it came up with anything...ha ha didn't tick the "do not search" on tree box. Hopefully it won't be found - as there is nothing there - as I found nothing!
    I did wonder...

I have been looking at the baptisms and burials till I have gone bog eyed.. still arriving at nowt! and the more I think about it now I'm pretty certain he'd be registered under MANSFIELD reg dist. it's infuriating as I can't see anywhere online that would have the burial records of the local church, so I'll have to look elsewhere!..

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    ...that's me - was adding and playing last night to see if it came up with anything...ha ha didn't tick the "do not search" on tree box. Hopefully it won't be found - as there is nothing there - as I found nothing!
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 23-09-20, 12:27.

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
    Do you know who ancestry member anccarolyn is? It’s the only tree for a person that could be yours. It’s private though. The member has been logged in today.

Mark Osbourne
    Born: 1812 in Nottinghamshire, England
    You will also find attached to this person
    3 attached records
    3 sources
    71 people in this member tree
    No, I have no idea... it seems so odd though that he has just 'vanished'.

I have no idea where to look next.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X