Mark Osborn where did you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    ...that's me - was adding and playing last night to see if it came up with anything...ha ha didn't tick the "do not search" on tree box. Hopefully it won't be found - as there is nothing there - as I found nothing!
    I did wonder...

I have been looking at the baptisms and burials till I have gone bog eyed.. still arriving at nowt! and the more I think about it now I'm pretty certain he'd be registered under MANSFIELD reg dist. it's infuriating as I can't see anywhere online that would have the burial records of the local church, so I'll have to look elsewhere!..
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Still no nearer in trying to find Mark b.1811 after 1851 census. I'm trying to match the marriages and see if that yields any info.

These are the marriages I'm attempting to pair up.

1848: [married at St. Marys SIA]
      Name: Mark Osborn s/o John Osborn and Mary Mclelland. [or whatever her name was!]
      Registration Year: 1848
      Registration Quarter: Jul-Aug-Sep
      Registration District: Basford
      Inferred County: Nottinghamshire
      Volume: 15
      Page: 631
      Records on Page:
      Name
      Ann Bonser
      Thomas Garratt
      Mark Osborn
      Ann Slater

1861: ????? [married at St. Leodagarius Basford] 20th May 1861 is the actual date of marriage from my BMD disc
      Name: Mark Osbourn aged 22 s/o George Osborn FWK
      Registration Year: 1861
      Registration Quarter: Apr-May-Jun
      Volume: 7b
      Page: 140
      Records on Page:
      Name
      Mary Ann Armstrong
      William Mellors
      Mark Osbourn
      Mary Ann White

1871: [married St. Pauls, Nottingham] 26th November 1871
      Name: Mark Osborn WIDOWER aged 30 s/o George Osborn a silk hand
      Registration Year: 1871
      Registration Quarter: Oct-Nov-Dec
      Registration District: Nottingham
      Page: 551
      Records on Page:
      Name
      Ellen Dykes
      Henry Marston Goodall
      Ann Hickling
      Mark Osborn

1877:
      Name: Mark Osborne
      Registration Year: 1877
      Page: 162
      Records on Page:
      Name
      Mark Osborne
      Mary Osborne
      John Robinson
      Edward Walker
      William Westby
      Rosanna Whitcroft

1898 [married Annesley All Saints]
      Name: Mark Osborne
      Registration Year: 1898
      Page: 204
      Records on Page:
      Name
      Adeline Armenia Maxfield
      Lucy Omar
      Mark Osborne
      Joseph Rolley

at the moment I'm favouring the 1861 marriage, though I have yet to find them in the census to confirm his DOB. Coffee time me thinks!
      Last edited by Darksecretz; 16-09-22, 14:04. Reason: adding actual dates info from Nottinghamshire parish records that are new to Ancestry.
      Julie

Comment

I have to go out in a minute, but re the 1861 marriage, there is a newspaper article in the Nottingham Journal 26 September 1861 stating that Mark Osborne a labourer of Basford was brought up on a charge of neglecting to support his wife & child, who in consequence had become chargeable to the union. They had only married 'last Whitsuntide' and had 3-month old child. The wife isn't named, but was not yet 17.

Comment

Originally posted by teasie View Post
          I have to go out in a minute, but re the 1861 marriage, there is a newspaper article in the Nottingham Journal 26 September 1861 stating that Mark Osborne a labourer of Basford was brought up on a charge of neglecting to support his wife & child, who in consequence had become chargeable to the union. They had only married 'last Whitsuntide' and had 3-month old child. The wife isn't named, but was not yet 17.
          Thanks Teasie!

oooh.. my Marks occupation he was a FWK in his last 'marriage' though his first wife is a widow on the 1861, BUT I can't find a death for Mark between 1857-1861 that would fit with a birth of 1811.
          Julie

Comment

I can't find the article Teasie found - but here are a few featuring Mark Osborne, Vera mentioned one of them before.

mark osborne4.JPG
            mark osborne3.JPG
            mark osborne5.JPG
            mark osborne2.JPG
            mark osborne1.JPG
            mark osborne6.JPG
            mark osborne7.JPG
            mark osborne4.JPG
            Attached Files
            Last edited by cbcarolyn; 28-09-21, 17:22.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

there is also a mention of a Mark Osborne Plasterer
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Ahhh I see now, I think that Mark the plasterer lived in Basford, he had a brother too Henry so that may well be him, his father if I remember rightly was George, but his mother Ann was a widow by 1861.

thank you for the images, it gives me something else to work with.
                Julie

Comment

Flipping ancestry have done it again!! I can't see ANY census in UK when just doing a search for Mark.... seems that they have renamed the census.. to U.K. Census Collection rather than 1861 England census... jeez my head hurts!
                  Julie

Comment

I am sure I searched papers for osborne and knitter sometime ago. Are there nottinghamshire parish records? just not on line?
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

At least you can see that there is a Mark Osborne married to an Ann by 1863, and appears he married again? is that what the report of 1880.

do you have any Mark Osborns in Basford census?
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

I am sure I searched papers for osborne and knitter sometime ago. Are there nottinghamshire parish records? just not on line?
                        I have access to BMDs in Nottinghamshire via NFHS. I'm not sure if FMP has those or not Ancestry certainly doesn't.

the marriages that I have used bold on are what match with the marriages on my disc. The other ones must be reg office jobs [or hadn't been trancsribed yet]
                        Julie

Comment

At least you can see that there is a Mark Osborne married to an Ann by 1863, and appears he married again? is that what the report of 1880.

do you have any Mark Osborns in Basford census?
                          I'm not understanding what you have written? I'm not fully grasping what you are saying. atm I am struggling to find ANY Mark Osborns in the census.. Ancestry have been faffing about again...
                          Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

I'm not understanding what you have written? I'm not fully grasping what you are saying. atm I am struggling to find ANY Mark Osborns in the census.. Ancestry have been faffing about again...
                            the article on 27th April 1863 says Mark Osborne and wife Ann, and I was kind of assuming he was the same man as Teasie found and was a labourer, so not your guy? They 1880 article says he has another wife. And was thinking maybe still the same man. Although not sure who the plasterer one is, so maybe 3 Mark Osbornes as least in your area?

You would think there would be one Mark Osborn in census Might have another look in papers later, see I fI missed any, maybe we can piece together them all
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

the article on 27th April 1863 says Mark Osborne and wife Ann, and I was kind of assuming he was the same man as Teasie found and was a labourer, so not your guy? They 1880 article says he has another wife. And was thinking maybe still the same man. Although not sure who the plasterer one is, so maybe 3 Mark Osbornes as least in your area?

You would think there would be one Mark Osborn in census Might have another look in papers later, see I fI missed any, maybe we can piece together them all
                              Thanks, having internet issues here so connection keeps dropping.

I'm pretty sure that the Mark Osborn that has the brother Henry.. is the one that is a plasterer I think... I'm having loads of issues atm with searching and finding..I'm not being rude if I don't reply
                              Julie

Comment

there is this mark with wife Ann, oddly not a labourer but a fwk in 1861, guess he could be the man in the paper

Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

this is one of your marriages on fmp not sure if you knew it was mary ann white
                                  First name(s) Mark
                                  Last name Osbourn
                                  Marriage year 1861
                                  Marriage date 20 May 1861
                                  Marriage place Basford
                                  Church St Leodegarius
                                  Denomination Anglican
                                  Spouse's first name(s) Mary Ann
                                  Spouse's last name White
                                  County Nottinghamshire
                                  Country England
                                  Record set Nottinghamshire Marriages Index 1528-1929
                                  Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
                                  Subcategory Parish Marriages
                                  Collections from England, Great Britain
                                  Carolyn
                                  Family Tree site

Comment

there is this mark with wife Ann, oddly not a labourer but a fwk in 1861, guess he could be the man in the paper

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=successSource
                                    pretty sure that this Mark/Ann are this couple:

1848: [married at St. Marys SIA]
                                    Name: Mark Osborn s/o John Osborn and Mary Mclelland. [or whatever her name was!]

Registration Year: 1848
                                    Registration Quarter: Jul-Aug-Sep
                                    Volume: 15
                                    Page: 631
                                    Records on Page:
                                    Name
                                    Ann Bonser
                                    Thomas Garratt
                                    Mark Osborn
                                    Ann Slater

Julie

Comment

it's the 1877 marriage I can't pair up, so am thinking that might be a reg office job.

I'm not seeing ANY deaths on FreeBMD phonetically for Mark Osborn that could even remotely tie in.
                                      I suspect that he may have gone abroad.. US/Canada Aus anywhere.
                                      Julie

Comment

this is one of your marriages on fmp not sure if you knew it was mary ann white
                                        First name(s) Mark
                                        Last name Osbourn
                                        Marriage year 1861
                                        Marriage date 20 May 1861
                                        Marriage place Basford
                                        Church St Leodegarius
                                        Denomination Anglican
                                        Spouse's first name(s) Mary Ann
                                        Spouse's last name White
                                        County Nottinghamshire
                                        Country England
                                        Record set Nottinghamshire Marriages Index 1528-1929
                                        Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
                                        Subcategory Parish Marriages
                                        Collections from England, Great Britain
                                        cbcarolyn can you have a look at this record on FMP and see who Marks dad is please? ah I just realized you might not be able to do it.
                                        Julie

Comment

FMP only has a transcription so just the same info as you already posted.
                                          ancestry has the image. Groom’s father is George Osbourn (frame work knitter). Same occupation for the bride’s father, Francis White.
                                          The groom was a labourer, age 22, the bride no occupation, age 17 and both lived in New Basford.
                                          Witnesses were James Shelbourn and ?Sarah? Henson.
                                          Last edited by GallowayLass; 15-09-22, 21:20.

Comment

Working...
                                          X