Mark Osborn where did you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Osborn where did you go?

I have been investigating this now for over a week and I'm still no nearer.

can anyone else spot him? he was supposed to have died sometime between 1857-1861 census either in Basford/Mansfield or Nottingham district.

he was married to Elizabeth Wildsmith [1836/pallots] and had several children. They lived in and area called Fullwood which is near to Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, but would probably come under Mansfield reg dist.

Anne b.1837
    Hannah b.1839
    Martha b.1843
    Harriett b.1846
    Mary Ann b.1849
    George b.1857

Martha marries in 1866 to Robert Wagstaff in the notice of marriage in the paper it states she was the 2nd daughter of the late Mark Osborn. I have scoured the index and tried all kinds of things but still can't find a death!

1841: https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...87&usePUB=true
    Class: HO107; Piece: 861; Book: 7; Civil Parish: Sutton in Ashfield; County: Nottinghamshire; Enumeration District: 8; Folio: 58; Page: 9; Line: 14; GSU roll: 438907

1851:
    https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...87&usePUB=true
    Class: HO107; Piece: 2123; Folio: 550; Page: 12; GSU roll: 87753

in 1861 Elizabeth is lodging with her married daughter stating she is a widow.

1861:https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...25&usePUB=true
    Source Citation Class: RG 9; Piece: 2426; Folio: 53; Page: 13; GSU roll: 542969

sorry for the long post but I just wanted to make sure I had everything in the post.

I cannot find a death/burial for Mark.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Have you tried looking for Mar* O*b*rn* ?
    That combo of wildcards should find him if he’s been morphed into a Marc, Marcus or Markus.
    The surname combo should catch Osborn, Osborne, Osbourn and Osbourne along with the same variants but using z instead of a.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
      Have you tried looking for Mar* O*b*rn* ?
      That combo of wildcards should find him if he’s been morphed into a Marc, Marcus or Markus.
      The surname combo should catch Osborn, Osborne, Osbourn and Osbourne along with the same variants but using z instead of a.
      I've tried that many I can't remember! I'll give it a go..

Julie

Comment

May help with date of death if it's him

Notts Guardian 24 March 1859 Mark Osborn involved in a fight with Brother Henry, Henry's wife Ellen and 2 others Basford.

Notts Guardian 30 March 1866. Martha 2nd dau of late Mark Osborn married Mr R Wagstaff

Vera

Comment

Is this a possibility?

Osborn, Male,
          Death: Apr 1859 Basford Notts
          Vol: 7b
          Page:80

Beverley

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

I've tried that many I can't remember! I'll give it a go..
            nope all that I'm getting is mainly female results, Ancestry has done something to their algorithms, as I'm searching the same but not getting anywhere near with the results.
            Julie

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
              May help with date of death if it's him

Notts Guardian 24 March 1859 Mark Osborn involved in a fight with Brother Henry, Henry's wife Ellen and 2 others Basford.

Notts Guardian 30 March 1866. Martha 2nd dau of late Mark Osborn married Mr R Wagstaff

Vera
              I don't have a Henry as a brother for Mark at all. [though it might be that I haven't found him yet]

but yes, the second one is right Martha married Robert Wagstaff.
              Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Macbev View Post
                Is this a possibility?

Osborn, Male,
                Death: Apr 1859 Basford Notts
                Vol: 7b
                Page:80
                I can't find that entry in the GRO index Bev [to see how old he was] but thank you very much for finding it, praps an email to Basford RO may be an idea to see if it they can shed some light on it.. or maybe report to the GRO to get it shown in the index ?
                Last edited by Darksecretz; 22-09-20, 18:11.
                Julie

Comment

I can’t find it in GRO either. FreeBMD has an image of the original index page and the entry is recorded again, immediately below the first one. Transcribers haven’t added any extra info.
                  FMP version of index doesn’t show the age at death either. They have been adding this from GRO online bit by bit.

Comment

I can’t find it in GRO either. FreeBMD has an image of the original index page and the entry is recorded again, immediately below the first one. Transcribers haven’t added any extra info.
                    FMP version of index doesn’t show the age at death either. They have been adding this from GRO online bit by bit.
                    Thanks Chris, I have fired off an email to Notts CC. I have had dealings with them before about a missing entry so they might be able to help. I will also fire one off to the GRO and file it as an error report.
                    Julie

Comment

I did wonder if they were male twins? as recorded twice?
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

There are two births for a Male Osborn in 1859 both in Basford in June quarter 7B 126 and 7B 80

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

Thanks Chris, I have fired off an email to Notts CC. I have had dealings with them before about a missing entry so they might be able to help. I will also fire one off to the GRO and file it as an error report.
                          just fired off error report to GRO, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.
                          Julie

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

I did wonder if they were male twins? as recorded twice?
                            dunno.
                            Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                              There are two births for a Male Osborn in 1859 both in Basford in June quarter 7B 126 and 7B 80
                              thanks Val.
                              Julie

Comment

There are two births Osborn, GRO June q 1859 7B 126/7 Basford mmn Bramley

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                                  There are two births Osborn, GRO June q 1859 7B 126/7 Basford mmn Bramley

Vera
                                  hmmm not looking good then is it? thanks Vera.
                                  Julie

Comment

Do you know who ancestry member anccarolyn is? It’s the only tree for a person that could be yours. It’s private though. The member has been logged in today.

Mark Osbourne
                                    Born: 1812 in Nottinghamshire, England
                                    You will also find attached to this person
                                    3 attached records
                                    3 sources
                                    71 people in this member tree

Comment

Do you know who ancestry member anccarolyn is? It’s the only tree for a person that could be yours. It’s private though. The member has been logged in today.

Mark Osbourne
                                      Born: 1812 in Nottinghamshire, England
                                      You will also find attached to this person
                                      3 attached records
                                      3 sources
                                      71 people in this member tree
                                      No, I have no idea... it seems so odd though that he has just 'vanished'.

I have no idea where to look next.
                                      Julie

Comment

...that's me - was adding and playing last night to see if it came up with anything...ha ha didn't tick the "do not search" on tree box. Hopefully it won't be found - as there is nothing there - as I found nothing!
                                        Last edited by cbcarolyn; 23-09-20, 13:27.
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
                                        X