Genealogical and historical groups and pages on Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genealogical and historical groups and pages on Facebook

GENEALOGICAL & HISTORICAL GROUPS/PAGES ON FACEBOOK (in English) - updated.

I am still at a loss to understand why people still don't use Facebook for finding research groups.

You can see what you may be missing out on for specific interest groups on this enormous clickable list.

There are fewer forum style groups like us now and Twitter is a bit cliquey and fast moving, although you can find some gems being posted, so why not give it whirl?
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

wow how many are there. I like the old photos groups, couple I belong to are not on the list, so worth a search.

I do turn off notifications for many groups as find I can't see the wood for the trees when I log on, and find this useful tool otherwise I would leave the groups.

Been on FB for many many years, still use it because no alternative, not sure I actually like it
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

That's a lot! I belong to several Sussex ones that are not mentioned, one I joined recently is just for Littlehampton cemetery gravestones, and I struck lucky the other day when someone I am interested in had their stone featured and the photographer gave me permission to copy it (I have credited it to him of course).

Comment

Thanks for the link. Will check later if that is updated from the one I have already saved somewhere. Somewhere being the operative word LOL

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
          Thanks for the link. Will check later if that is updated from the one I have already saved somewhere. Somewhere being the operative word LOL
          This is from August 2020 judging by the name of the file.
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
          X