1939 Register search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1939 Register search

Can anyone find an aunt of mine, please?

Lily Gould, b. 16 Nov 1919.

In 1941 she married a Mr Phillips, in 1972 she married a Mr Atkins and she died in 2001.

I've searched on Lil/Lily/Lilian/Gould/Gold/Goold/etc, just the date of birth, and everything else I can think of, but I can't find her. She's not in the "obvious" place - i.e. at home with her parents - and I don't think she was ever in the armed services, although she was probably "in service", which is completely different!

Can anyone winkle her out for me, please?

Thanks
    STG

Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Transcribed on FMP as

Phillips, Gould, Lily

Phillips, Atkins, Gould, Lily b 26/11/1919 Daily Domestic Duties

Living with
    Reuben H Alton
    Florence M A Alton
    104 Clarendon Rd, Hinckley, Leics

Vera

Comment

Fabulous.

What did you search on to find her, please?

STG

Comment

I’d be interested to know how you found her, too.

I was going to suggest that maybe her entry was still redacted as her DOB is only just outside of the 100 years but apparently not so.
        Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

The record is on Find My Past site

When transcribed surnames usually found with future marriages in brackets. This time transcriber decided otherwise putting married name first

Can't find anything on Ancestry trying every which way

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
            The record is on Find My Past site

When transcribed surnames usually found with future marriages in brackets. This time transcriber decided otherwise putting married name first

Can't find anything on Ancestry trying every which way

Vera
            Her name is still redacted on Ancestry, but visible on FMP. She's living with an Uncle and Aunt and their young son. Thanks again.

STG

Comment

Goodness! You learn something new everyday! I went to a zoom talk about the 1939 register the other day and learnt lots of new bits and pieces but I don’t remember any mention of being able to search on the later added married names too. Thank you for that.
              Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Its very common for the index to have the future married name as the primary name. I've been caught out like that before. FMP is much more likely to be up to date with the redaction removal than Ancestry. I have several examples of that.
                Anne

Comment

I have had loads of the same thing as Anne as regards women being indexed with married name instead of the maiden or former one in the case of those who were married more than once.

Comment

Working...
                  X