No announcement yet.

Help to find birth please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what you mean - it feels nice to be able to see these places. I did look through the previous thread, and you identified that the Coombes were living with Charlottes sister, so must be safe to assume that the 1901 is correct, wonder what happened to James Coombes.

Be interesting to see if the BC is Jessie
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
      I know what you mean - it feels nice to be able to see these places. I did look through the previous thread, and you identified that the Coombes were living with Charlottes sister, so must be safe to assume that the 1901 is correct, wonder what happened to James Coombes.

Be interesting to see if the BC is Jessie
      Saw one possible for James Coombes after 1901, a workhouse record.

Can see what looks like him with Clara A nee Hogg in Plumstead from 1871-1891. There is a death for Clara A Coombes in 1895. So a possible fit for Jessie being the child of James Coombes?

Vera

Comment

I found one in 03/07/1912 admitted and discharged Greenwich London England.

Probably be impossible to find all the answers of the Wynns, so many institutional records very sad, but looks like Adelaide and Amy had constant schooling.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Yes this is why I stopped looking for a while. I could not believe all of that in one family. I have ordered Jessies BC online. I hope they are quick.
          Regards
          Ann

Comment

Ann It must have been upsetting to find so many members of your family had to resort to the workhouse. However, Charlotte ensured the children were cared for at times of need. Richard possibly overwhelmed by trying to get enough work to maintain his family. I expect there were many other families back then who only just managed to avoid the workhouse.

My daughter complained recently about some decorative stones she was finding a bit heavy. I reminded her that her many times grandfather had to break stones, possibly to ensure some hand out from the Guardians.
            However don't think we have come very far for some families even now.

Hope you get a result with your Jessie' bc

Vera

Comment

Vera all you say is true. I can remember my nan dying in 1958. It wasnt until I was doing the tree that I found she was in a paupers grave. To be honest to me that was not long ago for that sort of thing
              Regards
              Ann

Comment

image_20573.png

At last we have proof that Jessies dad was James Coombes. I will look at the other children after a little break from the depression of workhouses. I just wanted to show you what I found on Richard Alexander Wynn one of Jessies half brothers. Not sure if I have uploaded it properly.
                Thank you all for your help
                Regards
                Ann
                Attached Files
                Last edited by cbcarolyn; 25-09-20, 17:57.

Comment

Ann

Good you got a result for your Jessie

Lovely record commemorating Richard Alexander who became a Second Lieutenant.

Vera

Comment

Vera yes he did well. I found he was in a Masons Lodge in Malta. Shame it all ended so soon
                    Ann

Comment

That is good news on the certificate. and also the news on Richard Alexander Wynn.

Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                      X