Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone find this man please?

Hi

I am looking for Joseph Brooks born c1824 in Fulham. In 1851 he marries and lists his father as Thomas Brooks, both occupations being labourer.

This is him and his wife in 1851 and it appears that they leave for Australia in 1855, although their location on the ship log is listed as Scotland which I think is just an error as the person above says Scotland.

I cant find him in 1841, his baptism or the family.

This is a possible for his father in 1841. Sun and Star Lane in Fulham are big family areas, so I feel confident that this is part of the family but not sure if this is actually parents or siblings of Joseph. Thomas' age is low in 1841, but goes up in 1851 so makes the birth of Joseph a lot more possible

And then in 1851

No marriage of a Thomas and Jane either. Any help would be much appreciated!
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Not too sure on this as I don't know the London area very well.

1841 has James Brooks aged 1. There is a birth record for James Brooks Dec 1839 Kensington mmn Plumridge.

Marraige Thomas Brooks to Jane Plumridge 21 Aug 1825 Kensington.

This is from FMP.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Remember that 1841 adult ages were rounded up or down.

Comment

FMP has a transcription of Thomas Brooks marriage to Jane Plumridge in Kensington, Middlesex 21 August 1825

Comment

Thank you for finding this marriage. I had Jane plumridge as the mother but couldn't for the life of me figure out how! Will add the source to a marriage to make sure I dont lose it again!
          Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Working...
          X