E070FD1E-3479-45C0-9AA1-3AE61C8398DD.jpeg

Comment

4B66E16D-6B85-4818-9881-8F61BF9D8788.jpeg

Comment

FC35326C-85F5-4C33-B0C9-BA08E05BBF5A.jpeg

Comment

6A2AFD81-0733-4B65-B438-FD75B63FAE6A.jpeg

Comment

Thank you so much Galloway Lass, will copy them to file. I have a long list of things to look for on the 1921 census (as I'm sure a lot of us have)- this will be added on to it!
              Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

These are the sections in which I found the most useful info. The Silver War Badge page says he served abroad but I can’t see it mentioned where exactly he was. Maybe a war diary might help. Try TNA catalogue while downloads are still free.

Comment

wow good finds GL, nearly a year to wait for the census though :(
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                  Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                    wow good finds GL, nearly a year to wait for the census though :(
                    it'll be longer than that though. From what I was reading it'll be more like 2022 by the time its out.
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/1921-census - January 2022
                      Caroline
                      Caroline's Family History Pages
                      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Snap Caroline. So that means roughly that it'll be 2023 by the time Ancestry gets it...
                        Julie
                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I do remember reading that now too long, they were quicker with 1911 weren't they?
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

What is Dorothy's father's name on her marriage certificate? Appears to be this entry:
                            Name: Dorothy I Hiles
                            Registration Quarter: Oct-Nov-Dec
                            Registration District: Oxford
                            Inferred County: Oxfordshire
                            Spouse: Leonard W White
                            Volume Number: 3a
                            Page Number: 6323
                            Phil
                            historyhouse.co.uk
                            Essex - family and local history.

Comment

I don't have her marriage certificate as she is a reasonably distant twig. Unfortunately the Oxford parish records on Ancestry only go up to 1930.
                              Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                                I do remember reading that now too long, they were quicker with 1911 weren't they?
                                That was down to a campaign which FTF member guy had a big hand in if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post

I had found that info for you but got distracted by evening meal time. His medal card shows he was discharged under King‘s Regulations due to being too ill for service. His service record papers show he discharge required another person to take his place and he was given a King’s Certificate and his Silver War Badge to wear as proof he was not dodging his responsibilities. He had signed up only a few months before his marriage and his two employers are listed. One was Frinton on Sea so that fits with the marriage certificate. F on S is 45 miles from Writtle which is very near Chelmsford. Could he have enlisted at Chelmsford Barracks? The discharge as mentioned in the service record does not mention Hilda and that he seeks employment as a waiter in Oxford. Did you get all that in the pages of the record you have seen?
                                  GallowayLass

In the thrill of the chase, I think you have forgotten our Ts and Cs -

It is your responsibility to ensure you comply with and respect others' copyright when posting, adding attachments or linking to external media. If we are contacted by a copyright holder in respect of an infringement, the offending material will be removed, and action taken in line with our Forum Abuse Policy. We also reserve the right to remove without warning material we believe to have been posted in breach of copyright law.

And from ancestry:

With respect to Ancestry Content, you agree:
                                  • To keep all copyright and other proprietary notices on any Ancestry Content you download or print; and
                                  • Not to distribute, republish, or sell significant portions of any Ancestry Content.
                                  We prefer not to post complete images and either crop them, transcribe the details (or send them in a PM) and at the very least copyright credit or source must be given. A link back to the original is always best. If everyone has what they need then we can remove them for you.

We all forget but need reminding - we'd not like anyone to get into trouble with losing their sub or the site being reprimanded. The latter has happened in the distant past.

I only spotted these when scrolling back up the thread or I would have posted this message/reminder to us all before.

Caroline
                                  Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post

GallowayLass

In the thrill of the chase, I think you have forgotten our Ts and Cs -

It is your responsibility to ensure you comply with and respect others' copyright when posting, adding attachments or linking to external media. If we are contacted by a copyright holder in respect of an infringement, the offending material will be removed, and action taken in line with our Forum Abuse Policy. We also reserve the right to remove without warning material we believe to have been posted in breach of copyright law.

And from ancestry:

With respect to Ancestry Content, you agree:
                                    • To keep all copyright and other proprietary notices on any Ancestry Content you download or print; and
                                    • Not to distribute, republish, or sell significant portions of any Ancestry Content.
                                    We prefer not to post complete images and either crop them, transcribe the details (or send them in a PM) and at the very least copyright credit or source must be given. A link back to the original is always best. If everyone has what they need then we can remove them for you.

We all forget but need reminding - we'd not like anyone to get into trouble with losing their sub or the site being reprimanded. The latter has happened in the distant past.

I only spotted these when scrolling back up the thread or I would have posted this message/reminder to us all before.
                                    Oops! Sorry, my fault entirely. Will remember to include a copyright statement for images in future. A shocking mistaka to maka given my previous job

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post

Oops! Sorry, my fault entirely. Will remember to include a copyright statement for images in future. A shocking mistaka to maka given my previous job
                                      It's easily done, but no harm in reminding ourselves occasionally when someone inadvertently transgresses.
                                      Caroline

Comment

Working...
                                      X