X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RootsTech Online February 2021 - COMING SOON

25 - 27 FEBRUARY, 2021

Introducing RootsTech Connect: A Free Online Conference Experience

For the first time ever, the world’s largest family celebration event will be entirely virtual and completely free. Get ready to celebrate shared connections with people from around the world. Connect with friends, your family, your past, and your heritage and homelands—all from the comfort of your home and in your browser.
    RootsTech Connect

Registering with the robot will make sure you keep up to date about speakers etc.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. Socrates

I’ve just registered great news that it’s free
    My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Never thought I would ever be able to attend a Rootstech. Brilliant that it’s online and free this year. I have registered.

Comment

me too
        Kat

Comment

There is a lot about the conference in Genealogy News here, but in case you've not seen it, this is interesting.

Find Your Relatives at RootsTech Connect 2021

Apparently I have 80 relatives going - I've seen on Twitter that some have hundreds, other have zero! I only built a rough tree from scratch so it's not very big although it goes back a longish way on some lines and judging by some of the inaccuracies on some of the duplicates I am offered, plus any errors I added, I may actually have zero relatives going.

I've not tried their tree before, actually I did once for RootsTech London, but got fed up when I realised i had to check every single person of thousands against triplicates first and deleted it, so decided to do it the other way this time, just my direct line, and siblings if they came up from a census, and make it as accurate as I could and then leave it there.
          Caroline

Comment

I've registered too.
            Jenny

Comment

All talks will be available to view for 12 months
              My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Has a schedule of the talks been published yet (other than the keynote speakers)?
                Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                  Has a schedule of the talks been published yet (other than the keynote speakers)?
                  It's not so much a schedule but a collection of twenty minute talks:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/...ssions-eng.pdf
                  Caroline

Comment

Thanks Caroline.
                    So it's possible to listen to as many (or as few!) as you want - and no need to register for a particular session?
                    Elaine

Comment

There is a YouTube vide which I hope will explain all!

Caroline

Comment

Goodness, how do they keep those big cheesy smiles glued on and get so excited about it all! Must be a staff training module on it somewhere
                        Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                          Thanks Caroline, I'll get a coffee and sit and listen to it!

Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Gardengirl View Post
                            Goodness, how do they keep those big cheesy smiles glued on and get so excited about it all! Must be a staff training module on it somewhere
                            Probably the same one they are sending politicians and public service spokespersons on Now everybody in the media is spouting “cohorts”. What, I ask, is wrong with “groups”? I cannot abide managementspeak. I had one line manager (two rungs above me) who had clearly been on such a course. His buzz phrase was “looking outside the silo”. Drove me nuts.

Comment

I don't want to completely sidetrack the thread but whatever happened to 'in the future'? Why are they all saying 'going forward' these days. So I must be 'going backwards' with my research
                              Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Originally posted by Gardengirl View Post
                                I don't want to completely sidetrack the thread but whatever happened to 'in the future'? Why are they all saying 'going forward' these days. So I must be 'going backwards' with my research
                                An American expression used by Americans? Doesn't really bother me as language evolves. What does get me is the wrong inflections and/or pronunciations which are all over the place these days oh, and apostrophes!
                                Caroline

Comment

An American expression used by Americans? Doesn't really bother me as language evolves. What does get me is the wrong inflections and/or pronunciations which are all over the place these days oh, and apostrophes!
                                  Yep, agree 100%. I growl at takeaway shops along the lines of Best Pizza’s and Kebab’s.

Comment

https://www.family-tree.co.uk/news/f...-afternoon-tea - this may appeal too.

Bit early perhaps, but Paulc is the special guest on Thursday a.m.
                                    Caroline

Comment

Doesn't really bother me as language evolves. What does get me is the wrong inflections and/or pronunciations which are all over the place these days oh, and apostrophes!
                                      I worked with a woman who did clerical work by day, checking patients in and out, and by night wrote books.

She had a cartoon taped to the counter so that it faced her, not the patient, that said -
                                      I'm silently correcting your grammar.
                                      ------------------------------------------------------
                                      My Families
                                      London-area Coverly Family Finder DNA Project

Comment

It takes them 52 minutes to explain all...my attention span is not that long this morning.
                                        ------------------------------------------------------
                                        My Families
                                        London-area Coverly Family Finder DNA Project

Comment

Working...
                                        X