Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fran
    replied
    Geneanet also good for Spanish heritage.

Leave a comment:

• kylejustin
    replied
    There are two good websites for french heritage: geneanet (good for german trees too) and filae.

geneanet has useful family trees and some parish and civil reg records, particularly good for paris research as the notary archive is on there, and most parisian parish and civil records burned in the 1871 fire in the national library. Also fantastic spelling variants.

filae has attempted to add all the national civil registration from 1792 onwards, but isn't complete. There are a few records i have from department archives that aren't on filae. Now they are attempting to add national 18th century parish records. They have the 19th century census records too. Their spelling variants can be terrible though.

​​​​​i have a handful of ancestors in france post revolution, so find geneanet more useful. But have been knocking down brickwalls on filae with paris, normandy and seine et marne parish records the last few mths.

Leave a comment:

• GallowayLass
    replied
    kylejustin. That’s fabulous work. Well done. I don’t have any French ancestry but if anybody ever asks me where to look will send them to filae.com. I wasn’t aware of it’s existence till now.

Leave a comment:

• kylejustin
    replied
    geneanet and familysearch also record the birth of emilie valentine sophie charlotte lea on 24 mar 1805, paris. no parish, but parents: jean lea and therese valentine penet.

hubert penet and marie rosalie le roy had a daugh marie barbe philippine penet who married in paris on 27 aug 1799 to hippolyte desire joseph camelot and another on the 18th jul 1799, marie madeleine felicite penet to charles louis joseph duriez.

might be worth taking out a subscription to filae.com, they seem to have a lot on this family. and easier than trawling french parish registers and civil reg on department archive websites.

Leave a comment:

• fran
    replied
    Kylejustin,that is fabulous. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• kylejustin
    replied
    therese valentine penet- b.27 apr 1769, aire-sur-la-lys. parents: hubert penet and marie rosalie le roy. godparents- francois valentine le merchier, ecuier (esquire), seigneur (lord) de tourillon; and damoiselle marie therese gabriel.

marriage- 15 apr 1760, aire-sur-la-lys
    hubert penet- 31, b.1729, son of michel penet and eleonore defrance. native of the parish. marked.
    marie rosalie le roy- 22- b.1738, dau of philippe le roy and marie anne le chere (cheray). native of the parish. signed.

Leave a comment:

• kylejustin
    replied
    children at aire-sur-la-lys:

1) jean clayton valentin celestin lea- b.23 nov 1791. parents jean lea and therese valentine penet. godparents: celestin penet, maternal uncle and philippine pennet.

2) hipolite joseph valentin lea- b.28 nov 1792, rincq, pas de calais. parents jean lea, native of liverpool, england and therese valentine penet.
    d.9 mar 1812, hospital of aire-sur-la-lys.

3) messidor fabiens lea- b.24 jun 1794.

4) emma valentine sarah catherine lea- b.3 jul 1796. parents jean lea and therese valentine penet.

5) cecile valentin marguerite lea- b.15 dec 1798. parents jean lea and therese valentine penet.

6) louis philippe guillaume lea- b.16 may 1800.

Leave a comment:

• kylejustin
    replied
    marriage- 25 oct 1791, glominghem, aire-sur-la-lys, pas de calais

jean lea (signed john lea)- majeur (of legal age) son of clayton lea and sara williams, native of leves? -lewes?
    therese valentine penet (penel in index)- mineur (minor) dau of hubert penet and marie rosalie leroi
    bride and groom living in the parish.
    wittnesses: hubert penet, father and consenting; celestin penet, his son and lieutenant of the national guard.

Leave a comment:

• kylejustin
    replied
    i think this is fabius lea's birth:
    messidor? fabiens lea- b.24 jun 1794, aire-sur-la-lys, pas de calais. father- jean lea, 31, b.1763. "rentier". mother- therese valentine pennet. wittnesses: dominque poiteau (29 yo) wife of louis pouet, joseph tauchou.

their uncle celestin francois joseph penet d.13 nov 1835 at aire-sur-la-lys, pas de calais. age "soixante douze" 72, b.1763 in the same town. husband of philippine porteau. parents: hubert penet and marie rosalie leroy.

marriage- 11 nov 1788, notre dame, aire-sur-la-lys,pas de calais
    celestin patrice joseph penet- 25, son of hubert penet and marie rose leroy
    and marie phillippine joseph porteau- 21, dau of pierre francois joseph porteau and ghislaine joseph courtin

Leave a comment:

• kylejustin
    replied
    from filae.com:

louis philippe guillaume lea b.16 may 1800, aire-sur-la-lys, pas de calais, france. father- jean lea, mother- valentine pennet. a philippine portreau (belle tante- aunt), wife of celestine pennet wittnessed the birth along with louis jacquot.
    (image)

marriage- 29 dec 1819 st denys du st sacrement, paris
    louis philippe guillaume lea- (b. non?) protestant, living 16 rue st louis. father- jean lea, mother- therese valentine honnet (feu?)
    estelle florian gerard bury
    wittness: c.j. duche, c.a.j. varmier de la gironde.
    (image)

marriage- 7 may 1823, paris
    louis philippe guillaume lea & mery anne tremlett
    parents: jean lea and valentine pennet
    thomas tremlett and mary helder
    (no image)

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    His bother also left a will

he did have a wife and children, but there maybe a nugget of info in there
    Louis Philippe Guillaume Lea
    25 Jun 1878
    Lancashire, England
    28 Jan 1879
    Liverpool, England
    might be worth £1.50

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    Originally posted by fran View Post
    If you refer to my original query about his first wife's surname being used for a child of the second marriage,then no,I have no idea! I am,as always still hopeful!
    yes I did mean that - so bizarre.

Leave a comment:

• fran
    replied
    If you refer to my original query about his first wife's surname being used for a child of the second marriage,then no,I have no idea! I am,as always still hopeful!

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    Any clue why the use of the middle name yet? I am intrigued?

Leave a comment:

• fran
    replied
    Just had a quick look. Very interesting. John Lea's father is Johannes Clayton Lea .Fabius has a son called Clayton. Also I wonder if Therese Valentine Honet and Valentine Pennet are the same person.

Leave a comment:

• fran
    replied
    Thank you. Have received email and will peruse later.

Leave a comment:

• GallowayLass
    replied
    Got it. Email on it’s way.

Leave a comment:

• fran
    replied
    I have trIed to send pm again

Leave a comment:

• fran
    replied
    Have found John Lea Marriage to Elizabeth Rigg Liverpool 27 9 1784. John is a flour dealer.The Jean Lea in France is a professor of languages like Fabius

Leave a comment:

• GallowayLass
    replied
    Originally posted by fran View Post
    Thanks,I hadn't seen that! I think I have sent you my email address!
    It hasn’t reached me yet. Nothing in my messages inbox on here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X