No announcement yet.

Fabius Lea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cbcarolyn, where did you find the report of Therese's death? I don't think that the John Lea who married is the same John who married in France.
    kylejustin,I was thinking at first that she could be a grandaughter, but then thought there could be a problem with consanguinity. Not sure.

Comment

My first guess was that she must be some kind of cousin and the name must be a family name. it just has to be - he can't have used the name due to previous wife...he just can't!

Liverpool Mail 18 November 1871.png
      Liverpool Mail 06 May 1854.png
      Liverpool Mercury 10 March 1843.png

I saved these the other night on laptop, there were a few for announcement daughter marriage in IoM. many many ads for the language tutor.

Can have a hunt for the wedding if you need it.

did you see my post about brothers will? - he may mention other relations - although uniikely.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Fran, is this poster known to you......

Jacky

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
          My first guess was that she must be some kind of cousin and the name must be a family name. it just has to be - he can't have used the name due to previous wife...he just can't!
          I don't see why not. OH has a four times married ancestor, Walter Hooks I . His eldest son (Walter Hooks II (from the first marriage) used the surname of wife #3 as the middle name for his second daughter, Sarah Boag Hooks. For ages, I assumed the mother of Walter Hooks II was Sarah Boag, and was astonished when I discovered the existence of two stepmothers. I guess it was Sarah Boag who raised the young Walter, as stepmother #1 only lived long enough to contribute two daughters to the Hooks menage.

Beverley

Comment

cbcarolyn, thank you.Wires were crossed because I thought you meant the death of Therese Valentine Penet the wife of John Lea and mother of Fabius.
            Tilly Mint, I don't know the poster. Thank you for the information

Comment

Originally posted by Macbev View Post

I don't see why not. OH has a four times married ancestor, Walter Hooks I . His eldest son (Walter Hooks II (from the first marriage) used the surname of wife #3 as the middle name for his second daughter, Sarah Boag Hooks. For ages, I assumed the mother of Walter Hooks II was Sarah Boag, and was astonished when I discovered the existence of two stepmothers. I guess it was Sarah Boag who raised the young Walter, as stepmother #1 only lived long enough to contribute two daughters to the Hooks menage.
              On this occasion wife number 1 wasn't around for long and didn't appear to give birth, so maybe a different scenario. but I guess anything could happen!
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by Tilly Mint View Post
                Fran, is this poster known to you......

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/inde...topic=564706.0
                did you spot the will they mention, viewable on line:

https://viewer.library.wales/323470#...%2C2330%2C1623

She leaves her remainder of Estate to nephew Fabius Lea and appoints William ??? Fabius lea as Executor

god daughter is Julia Lea

also a will Daniel Donbavand - 1797 Wife Mary, brother William, Nephew Thomas

Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

did you spot the will they mention, viewable on line:

https://viewer.library.wales/323470#...%2C2330%2C1623

She leaves her remainder of Estate to nephew Fabius Lea and appoints William ??? Fabius lea as Executor

god daughter is Julia Lea

also a will Daniel Donbavand - 1797 Wife Mary, brother William, Nephew Thomas
                  Yes, Carolyn......the codicil to Julia intrigues me......
                  Jacky

Comment

I couldn't see deaths for john lea and therese penet on filae, i had wondered if they moved to england. As fabius and louis did...

Comment

That will is very interesting.I don't see how to print it off. Is it possible?

Comment

Originally posted by fran View Post
                        That will is very interesting.I don't see how to print it off. Is it possible?
                        can't see anything obvious, I think they want you to buy for ÂŁ5.

Not as good as a download but
                        You could use snip tool in full screen - I only know how to do this in windows.

click on the full screen button on bottom right, get it as big as you can so it is still on the screen

press following buttons windows --> shift --> s choose open snip tool - the snip tool should show up, mark area - save

If you already have snip tool pinned to task bar you just need to get task bar up using windows button.
                        Last edited by cbcarolyn; 29-08-20, 17:56.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

did you see they guy on Roots chat is doing a one name study http://www.andrewalston.co.uk/donbavand.html
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Comment

Thanks cbcarolyn. Will look asap

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                              i think this is fabius lea's birth:
                              messidor? fabiens lea- b.24 jun 1794, aire-sur-la-lys, pas de calais.
                              doing something completely unrelated atm, but looking at the french revolutionary calendar and remembered this.

"messidor" is the first month of summer, starts 19/20 june. He was named for the month of his birth in the revolutionary calendar.

Comment

Originally posted by fran View Post
                                Clayton Lea,grandfather of Fabius died in 1765. His wife is Sarah. Sarah Lea married John DONBAVAND in 1766 Cheshire.
                                did you get to the connection in the end?
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

Thank you Kylejustin, that is very interesting.
                                  cbcarolyn, I haven''t worked it out yet!!!!!

Comment

Fabius Lea is the nephew of Margaret Donbavand. Margaret Donbavand (b.1772) is the Godmother of the eldest child of Fabius Lea i.e. Mary Julia Lea. Therefore I believe that Fabius Donbavand Lea is named after her rather than the unidentified Margaret Donbavan who appears to have married Fabius in 1819. All the beneficiaries in the Will appear to be the children of Sarah Donbavand formerly Lea nee Williams (my g-g-g-g-grandmother) and Fabius Lea who, along with William Prior were the executors.

Comment

Aha!! That will be a lightbulb moment for fran.

Comment

with that surname I guess there must be a link with the wife, must be back a few generations?
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

with that surname I guess there must be a link with the wife, must be back a few generations?
                                          I wonder if Fabius’ wife Margaret was his 1st cousin and daughter to the Margaret b.1772?

Comment

Working...
                                          X