• Show
Clear All

Can someone decipher ....

... Charlotte Pottinger's crime please?

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...BwE&pId=876502

Tessie

Perjury

Comment

Thank you! Any hints on if I can see what the perjury was for?

Tessie

Comment

There is a newspaper article for the case but I can't seem to copy and paste it - will try to do it another way - here goes....
        Capture.PNG
        Attached Files
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I should have said that the above article is from the Reading Mercury of 2nd March 1889 but there are quite a few other articles of this case.
          herky
          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thanks herky!!

Comment

Working...
            X