printing help needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printing help needed please

I have now found 3 convictions for Edith Ethel Kulling and I have tried to print them but I just can not get any of them to print on one page I have tried landscape and portrait and tried cropping but they just will not fit. Any suggestions please?

what sort of document is it you are trying to print, is it like a large 'ledger' page?

can you see options like preferences and then 'fit to page' I am guessing if a large page t maybe too small to read if on A4.

Do you know when you print it what sort of program is opening the image?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

You could crop the images and put them into a word document, see if that prints.

Comment

I have 3 images which I have cropped some of the page off but they are still too long to fit onto the paper

Comment

If I'm trying to fit newspaper columns onto an A4 piece of paper I crop them into shorter lengths and make them go side by side. Pick a place where a paragraph ends and cut it there so a new paragraph starts at the top of the next column.

Is that what you meant?
          Anne

Comment

I think if i just double click on an image on desktop windows pc it opens in something called photos - I think this is standard.

You can print from there and you need to select shrink to fit

gloryer.JPG
            Last edited by cbcarolyn; 22-08-20, 18:50.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
              If I'm trying to fit newspaper columns onto an A4 piece of paper I crop them into shorter lengths and make them go side by side. Pick a place where a paragraph ends and cut it there so a new paragraph starts at the top of the next column.

Is that what you meant?
              Anne
              I tried that method and managed to get them onto one page but it doesnt look right. i will have to try to mess around with martgins etc. I didnt get that option when I tried before so I will have to probe around. Each column is a long one.

its these I am trying to get to print all on one line. I cut them in half and put one on top of the other but its not very good

Comment

Ah! I see what you mean. I've had trouble with those wide ones as well. If you manage to make them fit they are too small to see and the column headings are lost.
                Might be worth considering doing your own transcription on a table?
                Anne

Comment

or maybe you do need to print on 2 pieces of paper and stick together, I am not sure why you are printing it? to put in a folder or to share with someone?

Paper joined and folded would be OK?

in more settings you can choose borderless margins 'on'
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

Mission complete!! Thanks for the tips. I had to swap them around from pictures to documents to be able to rearrange the sizes etc. Took me a while. Printed them out to keep and to show a couple of people. It is easier to email them as well now I have them all together

Comment

Working...
                    X