anybody got access to The News, Paterson New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody got access to The News, Paterson New Jersey

can anybody get these two records be very grateful.

Newspaper dated 29 Nov 1952 John William Keen
    Attached Files

Sorry, can’t help with newspapers.com but see my connected post on your other thread about Frances Keen. One of the obits you wanted is on his findagrave page but as it contained a possible tiny clue in it re Frances, I’ve posted it on your “Can anybody find her?” thread.

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

thanks very much, that Obituary must have been posted since I found that burial.

Comment

If nobody has got the clippings by late afternoon Val, I’ll look when I get home. Should be in FMP world sub?

Comment

I am not finding either of those on FMP US and World Newspapers

Comment

Found the transcript in findagrave

Son of John Thomas and Sarah E. (Sigston) Keen, aged 79 years.

John William Keen, a close friend of the Brown family, was buried in the Brown family plot on December 1, 1952. The Brown plot contains a large stone with only the surname "Brown" inscribed, without any names or dates of anyone buried in the plot.

OBITUARY, Paterson Evening News, 11/29/1952.

RITES MONDAY FOR JOHN W. KEEN.

Services for John William Keen, 79, of 667 E. 22nd St., retired music teacher, will be conducted Monday at 2 p.m. at the Almgren Funeral Home, 336 Broadway, by the Rev. Ernest A. Elwell, of Broadway Baptist Church. Burial will be in Cedar Lawn Cemetery. Calls may be made tomorrow from 7 to 10 p.m.

Mr. Keen, who died yesterday, formerly was the organist and choir leader at the Third Presbyterian Church. Born in Tenants Harbor, Me., his parents took him to England as a child. Later he came back to this country and resided in Lawrence, Mass., before making his home here.

Mr. Keen's teaching career began in the 1890s after he studied with Miss M. F. Wolsey of Paterson, E. M. Bowman, of New York, and Professor Samuel Baldwin, of City College of New York. He studied advanced piano technique with Albert Parson and A. K. Virgil, well known teachers in their day. His studio was located in old Lyrie Hall, where he also gave recitals.

He had no immediate survivors.
            Family Members

ParentsFlowers

wish I had known you

Left by Vallee on 1 Apr 2013

Comment

John William Keen
              27 May 1873
              Tenants Harbor, Knox County, Maine, USA
              28 Nov 1952 (aged 79)
              Paterson, Passaic County, New Jersey, USA
              Cedar Lawn Cemetery
              Paterson, Passaic County, New Jersey, USA
              Section 2, Lot 278
              101833694 · View Source
              D2B5512C-0281-407A-8945-CB6F48767365.jpeg

Comment

Thanks Galloway I did have that record, I'm vallee ,but when I added it to my tree there was no obituary mentioned, it must be a fairly new addition.
                Shows I need to go back now and then.

Comment

Working...
                X